BOISE — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-3 Wednesday night in Boise.
Utah was back on its heels from the first Idaho shot of the game taken 1:38 into the first period that gave the Steelheads a 1-0 lead. The Grizzlies took less than five minutes to tie the contest at one as Berkley Scott scored his second goal in three games as he went hard to the net.
Idaho made it 2-1 going to the first intermission and made it 3-1 22 seconds into the second period with a power-play goal. Kory Falite answered 33 seconds later for Utah with his ninth goal of the year, but the Steelheads made it 4-2 25 seconds later with another power-play goal and they rolled to the win from their.
GRIZZIES NOTES: Colin Vock of the Utah Grizzlies was named the ECHL Player of the Week. Vock scored six of Utah's eight goals last week, and was a plus-3 in two games.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 23