BOISE — The Idaho Steelheads defeated the Utah Grizzlies 7-3 Wednesday night in Boise.
Utah was back on its heels from the first Idaho shot of the game taken 1:38 into the first period that gave the Steelheads a 1-0 lead. The Grizzlies took less than five minutes to tie the contest at one as Berkley Scott scored his second goal in three games as he went hard to the net.
Idaho made it 2-1 going to the first intermission and made it 3-1 22 seconds into the second period with a power-play goal. Kory Falite answered 33 seconds later for Utah with his ninth goal of the year, but the Steelheads made it 4-2 25 seconds later with another power-play goal and they rolled to the win from their.
GRIZZIES NOTES: Colin Vock of the Utah Grizzlies was named the ECHL Player of the Week. Vock scored six of Utah's eight goals last week, and was a plus-3 in two games.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 83
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 24