High school soccer: 6 Skyline Eagles soccer players ink letters of intent
HOLLADAY — Six Skyline soccer players signed with various colleges Wednesday morning. The group is one of the largest to commit from a single high school and includes three 4A All-State players.
Eagles team captain Ashley Aberton signed with Gonzaga.
"It feels amazing to sign," said Aberton. "It's something you work for your whole life and dream about when you're little. To be able to sign and do with my Skyline teammates and classmates couldn't be better. It is a dream come true."
Midfielder Emily Cassell signed with Claremont-McKenna in Claremont, Calif.
"It's great to see my dream of playing soccer in college coming true," Cassell said. "All the late night and sore muscles were worth it just to know I've accomplished what I set out to do. I know that hard work doesn't stop here, but it's great to have a day to reflect on what has already been done and let the excitement build for the future."
Also signing Wednesday were defender Katelynne Halliday (BYU-Hawaii); midfielder Lauren Harmon (Utah State); defender Kaitlyn Parkin (Southern Utah University); and goalkeeper Allie Spencer (Columbia University).
The Eagles soccer team finished with a 15-2-2 record in 2012, losing 1-0 to eventual 4A champion Bountiful in the semifinals. Skyline's senior class has been part of an impressive run by Skyline soccer, in which the program went 58-13-4 over the four years, reaching the state semifinals twice (2010 and 2012) and the state finals once (2011).
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33