High school basketball: Results from more than 50 high school games across the state
Here's a recap of Tuesday's high school basketball action across the state, including a big victory by Weber's boys in Region 1.
WEBER 66, DAVIS 59: Hayden Schenck went 12-for-15 from the free-throw line and finished with 24 points as Weber edged visiting Davis in overtime to move into a first-place tie in Region 1 with the Darts. Alex Morrell finished with 4 points and 11 rebounds in the Dart loss.
WEST JORDAN 58, COTTONWOOD 52: Cottonwood's Inoke Lotulelei led the way for the Colts scoring 12 points with four assists in the close loss.
BRIGHTON 66, JORDAN 54: Zach Bernardo and Travis Devashrayee each scored 17 points as Brighton seized control of the Region 3 race with a dominant second half. Down 40-38 with five minutes left in the third quarter, Brighton ended the game on a 28-14 run.
LONE PEAK 64, PLEASANT GROVE 36: T.J. Haws paced Lone Peak with 21 points, and Nick Emery followed that up with 16 points of his own to lead the top-ranked Knights to the lopsided region victory.
BINGHAM 74, LEHI 64: Bingham took a 17-9 run in the first quarter and continued the streak throughout the game. Lance Harrison and Brandon Morley combined for 38 points. Jordan Evans addded 18 of his own.
WOODS CROSS 83, CYPRUS 41: Sophomore Garrett Grant poured in 20 points to lead five Wildcats in double figures in the rout.
BOUNTIFUL 85, EAST 62: Sam Merrill scored 29 points and Pere LeSueur added 17 points as Bountiful dismantled East at home. The Braves enjoyed a massive free-throw disparity, attempting 33 freebies compared to East's nine.
MURRAY 66, HERRIMAN 58: Nathan Aland led four Murray players scoring in double-figures with 12 points, and the Spartans unleashed a 24-16 fourth quarter run to down visiting Herriman.
OLYMPUS 57, WESTLAKE 42: Olympus, after trailing by one at halftime, outscored Westlake 21-7 in the third quarter to remain unscathed in region play. Junior Tailey led the Titans' charge with 17 points and Jake Lindsey added 14 points.
MAPLE MOUNTAIN 44, MOUNTAIN VIEW 33: Maple Mountain came alive in the second half and took the victory at home. Josh Phelps led with 14 points with seven boards.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- 3A boys state tournament quarterfinals...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29