How unfortunate it is that headlines to articles may subtly mislead the reader. Such is the case with "UVU study put focus on LDS women, depression" (Jan. 31). The study participants were women who identified themselves as depressed and who were LDS.
The findings may be of use in treating depressed LDS women. However, causality should not be inferred that because a woman is LDS, she is more prone to being depressed.
Pam Gurell, psychiatric nurse practitioner
Salt Lake City
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23