When something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. That is true with Verle Daniel Solt's letter ("Deficit solution," Feb. 1). I'm sorry, but 70 million times $300 is only $21 billion, not $21 trillion ?— not even enough to pay the federal budget for one year, let alone to pay the federal deficit.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Michael Gerson: No time to lead from behind
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 52
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37