TYLER CROSBIE, Mountain Crest, basketball: The Mustangs have won nine straight and are in the driver's seat to win the Region 5 title thanks in large part to the play of this senior guard.
Last Wednesday Crosbie recorded 14 points, six rebounds and four assists in a 55-40 win over Box Elder. He followed it up Friday with 23 points, three assists and three steals in a 58-55 victory over rival Logan.
With four games left in the regular season, Crosbie is fifth in 4A in scoring at 17.9 ppg and he's tied for first in steals at 3.1 spg.
Crosbie led the Mustangs in points and steals last year, and he's on pace to lead the team in points, steals and assists this season.
MADISON UTLEY, Richfield, girls basketball: Madison Utley is making the most of every opportunity she has on the basketball court. The junior forward had been coming off the bench for the Wildcats, but stepped into a starting role five games ago when a senior teammate was injured.
"Lately she's taken her game to a new level," said head coach Marc Peterson. "She provides another scoring option for us in the post and has the ability step outside and hit jump shots as well. Madison is extremely talented and one of the hardest workers in the gym."
She helped the team defeat Emery for the region title last week, scoring 22 points on 9-of-11 shooting from the field.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33