TYLER CROSBIE, Mountain Crest, basketball: The Mustangs have won nine straight and are in the driver's seat to win the Region 5 title thanks in large part to the play of this senior guard.
Last Wednesday Crosbie recorded 14 points, six rebounds and four assists in a 55-40 win over Box Elder. He followed it up Friday with 23 points, three assists and three steals in a 58-55 victory over rival Logan.
With four games left in the regular season, Crosbie is fifth in 4A in scoring at 17.9 ppg and he's tied for first in steals at 3.1 spg.
Crosbie led the Mustangs in points and steals last year, and he's on pace to lead the team in points, steals and assists this season.
MADISON UTLEY, Richfield, girls basketball: Madison Utley is making the most of every opportunity she has on the basketball court. The junior forward had been coming off the bench for the Wildcats, but stepped into a starting role five games ago when a senior teammate was injured.
"Lately she's taken her game to a new level," said head coach Marc Peterson. "She provides another scoring option for us in the post and has the ability step outside and hit jump shots as well. Madison is extremely talented and one of the hardest workers in the gym."
She helped the team defeat Emery for the region title last week, scoring 22 points on 9-of-11 shooting from the field.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- 2015 Utah Football Commits
- Dick Harmon: College football recruiters are...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35