Our take: The pastor who refused to pay 18% gratuity to her Applebee's server issued an apology for writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt after the photo went viral.
The St. Louis pastor who caused a stir after writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt, instead of leaving a tip, has apologized for writing the note.
Pastor Alois Bell told The Smoking Gun that she was embarrassed about the whole brouhaha. The note was "a lapse in judgment that has been blown out of proportion," Bell told the blog, adding that she left a smaller tip in cash on the table.
Redditor "GateFlan" posted the photo of the receipt to the social news site on Jan. 29 with the comment, "My mistake sir, I'm sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries."
The picture quickly went viral, culminating Thursday in the firing of the Applebees waitress who leaked the receipt in the first place.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after...
- Returned Mormon missionaries in college...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 84
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 58
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 21
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 14
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13