Our take: The pastor who refused to pay 18% gratuity to her Applebee's server issued an apology for writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt after the photo went viral.
The St. Louis pastor who caused a stir after writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt, instead of leaving a tip, has apologized for writing the note.
Pastor Alois Bell told The Smoking Gun that she was embarrassed about the whole brouhaha. The note was "a lapse in judgment that has been blown out of proportion," Bell told the blog, adding that she left a smaller tip in cash on the table.
Redditor "GateFlan" posted the photo of the receipt to the social news site on Jan. 29 with the comment, "My mistake sir, I'm sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries."
The picture quickly went viral, culminating Thursday in the firing of the Applebees waitress who leaked the receipt in the first place.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 85
- General Women's Session focuses on... 32
- The challenges and blessings of... 28
- State bills to protect religious... 25
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 17
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 17
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 15