Our take: The pastor who refused to pay 18% gratuity to her Applebee's server issued an apology for writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt after the photo went viral.
The St. Louis pastor who caused a stir after writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt, instead of leaving a tip, has apologized for writing the note.
Pastor Alois Bell told The Smoking Gun that she was embarrassed about the whole brouhaha. The note was "a lapse in judgment that has been blown out of proportion," Bell told the blog, adding that she left a smaller tip in cash on the table.
Redditor "GateFlan" posted the photo of the receipt to the social news site on Jan. 29 with the comment, "My mistake sir, I'm sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries."
The picture quickly went viral, culminating Thursday in the firing of the Applebees waitress who leaked the receipt in the first place.
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat 106
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 37
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 35
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 34
- New friends plan to work together to... 24
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 17
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- 5 reasons why we want to believe Jesus... 14