Our take: The pastor who refused to pay 18% gratuity to her Applebee's server issued an apology for writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt after the photo went viral.
The St. Louis pastor who caused a stir after writing "I Give God 10% why do you get 18" on her receipt, instead of leaving a tip, has apologized for writing the note.
Pastor Alois Bell told The Smoking Gun that she was embarrassed about the whole brouhaha. The note was "a lapse in judgment that has been blown out of proportion," Bell told the blog, adding that she left a smaller tip in cash on the table.
Redditor "GateFlan" posted the photo of the receipt to the social news site on Jan. 29 with the comment, "My mistake sir, I'm sure Jesus will pay for my rent and groceries."
The picture quickly went viral, culminating Thursday in the firing of the Applebees waitress who leaked the receipt in the first place.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- BYU-Idaho students form brotherhood of...
- LDS World: Western author Wallace Stegner...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 140
- Religious groups react to Boy... 77
- Do contraceptive rules make religious... 43
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 21
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 7