Our take: Blackberry recently released a new smartphone and operating system. Preston Gralla from ComputerWorld writes about why Blackberry can't measure up to Windows Phone.
"The Blackberry 10 and new Blackberry devices took center stage today, but despite Blackberry's best efforts, it will lose out to Windows Phone as the number three smartphone operating system. Despite the improved new hardware, it will be no match for Microsoft and Windows Phone.
"There's certainly a lot to like in the new Blackberries. The Blackberry 10 operating system finally brings Blackberry into the modern mobile world, and the new touch-based Z10 Blackberry model looks like a winner, with a solid, high-resolution screen, an integrated view of notes and tasks, and a unified inbox for all communications.
"But that still won't help Blackberry beat Windows Phone. The fight between the two platforms is more than just a fight between individual pieces of hardware. It's a fight between entire ecosystems, and that's where Microsoft has the edge, and a very significant one."
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3