Our take: Blackberry recently released a new smartphone and operating system. Preston Gralla from ComputerWorld writes about why Blackberry can't measure up to Windows Phone.
"The Blackberry 10 and new Blackberry devices took center stage today, but despite Blackberry's best efforts, it will lose out to Windows Phone as the number three smartphone operating system. Despite the improved new hardware, it will be no match for Microsoft and Windows Phone.
"There's certainly a lot to like in the new Blackberries. The Blackberry 10 operating system finally brings Blackberry into the modern mobile world, and the new touch-based Z10 Blackberry model looks like a winner, with a solid, high-resolution screen, an integrated view of notes and tasks, and a unified inbox for all communications.
"But that still won't help Blackberry beat Windows Phone. The fight between the two platforms is more than just a fight between individual pieces of hardware. It's a fight between entire ecosystems, and that's where Microsoft has the edge, and a very significant one."
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Soul searching at Abercrombie & Fitch
- 10 of the (printable) entries for this year's...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Utah construction companies fined,... 8
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Why McDonald's is still a powerhouse,... 1
- US stocks waver as corporate earnings... 1
- First lady: Tech industry to train,... 1