Our take: Blackberry recently released a new smartphone and operating system. Preston Gralla from ComputerWorld writes about why Blackberry can't measure up to Windows Phone.
"The Blackberry 10 and new Blackberry devices took center stage today, but despite Blackberry's best efforts, it will lose out to Windows Phone as the number three smartphone operating system. Despite the improved new hardware, it will be no match for Microsoft and Windows Phone.
"There's certainly a lot to like in the new Blackberries. The Blackberry 10 operating system finally brings Blackberry into the modern mobile world, and the new touch-based Z10 Blackberry model looks like a winner, with a solid, high-resolution screen, an integrated view of notes and tasks, and a unified inbox for all communications.
"But that still won't help Blackberry beat Windows Phone. The fight between the two platforms is more than just a fight between individual pieces of hardware. It's a fight between entire ecosystems, and that's where Microsoft has the edge, and a very significant one."
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 3
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1
- 4 Reasons shoppers will shrug off Home... 1
- San Diego cabbies cry foul over body... 1