Weber State basketball: Hot-shooting Wildcats blast past N. Colorado
GREELEY, Colo. — Scott Bamforth had 20 points to lead five Weber State players scoring in double figures in an 85-64 victory against Northern Colorado on Saturday night.
Otis Frank added 15 points, Kyle Tresnak and Davion Berry 12 each, Gelaun Wheelwright 10 and Joel Bolomboy had seven points and eight rebounds. for the Wildcats (15-5, 10-2 Big Sky), who shot 60.8 percent (31 of 51) from the floor.
That was a season-best for Weber State against Division I competition.
"Our whole team was really dialed in and ready to compete tonight," said Weber State head coach Randy Rahe. "We had a great focus, especially in the first half. We really set the tone with our defense and rebounding early on.
"Our whole team was involved on both ends of the floor. We had lots of players really step up and play well. We had the lead and then we pushed it to even a higher level."
Emmanuel Addo and Paul Garnica scored 11 points each for the Bears (6-14, 4-8), who couldn't repeat the hot shooting they had in their previous game. After shooting 71.4 percent from 3-point range (making 15 shots) against Idaho State, Northern Colorado shot 38.6 percent (22 of 57) from the floor overall and was outrebounded 35-27.
Weber State never trailed Frank's jumper tied the game at 2-all. The Wildcats led 45-25 at the break.
"We came out and played really hard tonight and it was good to finish our road trip strong," Bamforth said. "We played really good defense tonight and fought hard all night."
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 96
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 91
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 79
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 57
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of... 21
- 9 observations from the release of Utah... 14