Our politicians pass laws for gun-free school zones. They issue press releases bragging about protecting our children. And in so doing, they tell every insane killer that our schools are a safe place to inflict maximum damage with minimum risk.
We care about our money so we protect our banks with armed guards. Airports, courthouses and power plants are protected with armed security. We protect our president with armed Secret Service agents. We protect our important government officials with armed guards.
There are millions of qualified active and retired police, retired military and security professionals in our country that could have a role in protecting every school.
This is the time to take decisive action in protecting our most precious asset: our children.
Darrell K. Paskett
- In our opinion: A social media enabled...
- John Hoffmire: Does aid work? Markets, big...
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 65
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 44
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 22
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17