Our politicians pass laws for gun-free school zones. They issue press releases bragging about protecting our children. And in so doing, they tell every insane killer that our schools are a safe place to inflict maximum damage with minimum risk.
We care about our money so we protect our banks with armed guards. Airports, courthouses and power plants are protected with armed security. We protect our president with armed Secret Service agents. We protect our important government officials with armed guards.
There are millions of qualified active and retired police, retired military and security professionals in our country that could have a role in protecting every school.
This is the time to take decisive action in protecting our most precious asset: our children.
Darrell K. Paskett
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- Lois M. Collins: Wandering back into the land...
- In our opinion: Poll shows Utahns favor...
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought
- Letter: Modest energy progress
- Letter: Eroding the BSA