Our politicians pass laws for gun-free school zones. They issue press releases bragging about protecting our children. And in so doing, they tell every insane killer that our schools are a safe place to inflict maximum damage with minimum risk.
We care about our money so we protect our banks with armed guards. Airports, courthouses and power plants are protected with armed security. We protect our president with armed Secret Service agents. We protect our important government officials with armed guards.
There are millions of qualified active and retired police, retired military and security professionals in our country that could have a role in protecting every school.
This is the time to take decisive action in protecting our most precious asset: our children.
Darrell K. Paskett
- Letter: Enslaved nations
- In our opinion: TSA audit reveals major flaws...
- Don Gale: Does Salt Lake City dislike golfers?
- Richard Davis: Unforeseen successes, failures...
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force...
- Letter: Real estate cabal
- Letter: Outdoor advertising
- Jay Evensen: Utah still has a homeless problem