Brad Rock: Kyle Whittingham hoping to capitalize on the Utes' Super Bowl exposure
Who indeed — except all those bowl-happy 49ers fans.
Whittingham considered joining those fans at this year's Super Bowl. Not only would he have seen the aforementioned players; he would have been back in New Orleans, where he played for the USFL's Breakers. He returned with the Utes for the 2009 Sugar Bowl, where they fashioned a convincing win over Alabama.
Alas, Letter of Intent week got in the way of a nostalgic reunion.
Still, having players in Sunday's game has an appeal of its own. Also playing will be All-Pro Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, a former University of Oregon star. Ngata spends the off-seasons in Salt Lake and works out at the University of Utah.
"He's our adopted Ute," Whittingham said.
The natural born Utes can take it from there.
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Damian Lillard stars in hilarious Adidas ad...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after...
- Danny Berger and Jordan Stone to play at...
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker reportedly...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment from...
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 50
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 47
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 44
- ESPN report: Jabari Parker rules out... 42
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24