Muslim women finally able to embrace manicures thanks to new nail polish that fits religious restrictions
Our take: A polish company has developed a new nail polish that allows oxygen and moisture to penetrate the paint. This new polish will allow Muslim women to exercise their daily prayer and washing rituals without having to remove their polish.
A 'breathable' nail polish, which allows water vapors to pass through to the nail, is causing a stir among devout Muslim women who are unable to wear regular polish because of the washing involved in daily prayers.
Muslims' pre-prayer ritual includes washing the arms and face completely, where water must touch every surface an impossible feat if a layer of paint is covering the nails.
But Inglot Cosmetics, a company from Poland which is available in the U.S. at Macy's, has released a new line of permeable polish called O2M which will allow Muslim women the freedom to wear polish as they please.
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles regardless of...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- 14 surprising, heartwarming videos of LDS...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 143
- Religious groups react to Boy... 79
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in... 48
- America welcomes Christians, Jews;... 29
- Another Book of Mormon musical opens in... 27
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The... 22
- Defending the Faith: FairMormon... 13
- Duce's Wild: Working miracles... 11