Muslim women finally able to embrace manicures thanks to new nail polish that fits religious restrictions
Our take: A polish company has developed a new nail polish that allows oxygen and moisture to penetrate the paint. This new polish will allow Muslim women to exercise their daily prayer and washing rituals without having to remove their polish.
A 'breathable' nail polish, which allows water vapors to pass through to the nail, is causing a stir among devout Muslim women who are unable to wear regular polish because of the washing involved in daily prayers.
Muslims' pre-prayer ritual includes washing the arms and face completely, where water must touch every surface an impossible feat if a layer of paint is covering the nails.
But Inglot Cosmetics, a company from Poland which is available in the U.S. at Macy's, has released a new line of permeable polish called O2M which will allow Muslim women the freedom to wear polish as they please.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with free...
- Thousands gather for LDS Women's Meeting
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 3