Our take: It's been an unusual second half of the NFL season for former Utah quarterback Alex Smith, who lost his starting job with the San Francisco 49ers, yet his team is playing in the Super Bowl on Sunday. For Smith, who will back up new 49ers starting quarterback Colin Kaepernick in Super Bowl XLVII against Baltimore, the conversation has already swung toward where he will be playing next season. A report from NFL.com says Smith, the first pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, could be headed to Kansas City and its new head coach Andy Reid, a former BYU offensive lineman.
Alex Smith will not be with the San Francisco 49ers next season, as NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported earlier this week. So where might he land?
Mr. RapSheet named the Buffalo Bills, Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs as teams that have shown early interest. For new Chiefs coach Andy Reid, it's apparently not the first time he's shown interest in Smith.
The San Francisco Chronicle quotes ESPN's Trent Dilfer as saying Reid "really likes Alex."
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full...
- No timeline set to find Utah Jazz's new head...
- Utah Sports Ruckus: Grading the Jazz's...
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- Deseret News 2014 NFL Mock Draft: Where are...
- Rock On: Lighten up, Gordon Hayward
- High school sports: Tuesday's roundup
- U. student government passes resolution... 105
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star... 41
- Doug Robinson: Utah Jazz have come full... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 26
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 24
- Speculation begins about who the next... 24
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 19