Weber State Wildcats bounce back against North Dakota, win 66-51 Thursday
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Davion Berry scored 21 points and Frank Otis had 20 points and 12 rebounds as Weber State defeated North Dakota 66-51 Thursday night.
The Wildcats (14-5, 9-2 Big Sky), who opened conference play 9-0 before being swept last week at Montana State and league-leading Montana, got back on the winning track by shooting 46 percent and outrebounding North Dakota 40-28.
"I had some really good scoring opportunities tonight but it just feels great to get the win," Otis said. "The last few games we didn't play like ourselves and we needed to get back to being who we are and we did that tonight. Getting the win is all that matters."
Weber State opened the second half with an 11-0 run to take a 40-26 lead. North Dakota got within 53-48 with 6:44 remaining before Berry hit a 3-pointer that sparked a game-ending 13-3 run for the Wildcats. Berry had seven points in the spurt, and Otis had four.
"We knew we had to man up as a team and get our defense and rebounding back and I thought we did that," said Weber State coach Randy Rahe. "We played with a lot of toughness and energy and had a lot of guys step up and really contribute for a team win. We were able to find a way to win."
Weber State hit 4 of 5 3-pointers in the second half after missing all five attempts before the intermission.
It was Weber State's first-ever game in the state of North Dakota and just the second against UND.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21