Weber State Wildcats bounce back against North Dakota, win 66-51 Thursday
GRAND FORKS, N.D. — Davion Berry scored 21 points and Frank Otis had 20 points and 12 rebounds as Weber State defeated North Dakota 66-51 Thursday night.
The Wildcats (14-5, 9-2 Big Sky), who opened conference play 9-0 before being swept last week at Montana State and league-leading Montana, got back on the winning track by shooting 46 percent and outrebounding North Dakota 40-28.
"I had some really good scoring opportunities tonight but it just feels great to get the win," Otis said. "The last few games we didn't play like ourselves and we needed to get back to being who we are and we did that tonight. Getting the win is all that matters."
Weber State opened the second half with an 11-0 run to take a 40-26 lead. North Dakota got within 53-48 with 6:44 remaining before Berry hit a 3-pointer that sparked a game-ending 13-3 run for the Wildcats. Berry had seven points in the spurt, and Otis had four.
"We knew we had to man up as a team and get our defense and rebounding back and I thought we did that," said Weber State coach Randy Rahe. "We played with a lot of toughness and energy and had a lot of guys step up and really contribute for a team win. We were able to find a way to win."
Weber State hit 4 of 5 3-pointers in the second half after missing all five attempts before the intermission.
It was Weber State's first-ever game in the state of North Dakota and just the second against UND.
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- BYU vs. Virginia primer
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 64
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 45
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40