Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
In yet another example of ridiculous laws that don't solve anything, Davis High school was fined $15,000 last year for selling carbonated drinks and candy during lunch hour — unlawful for schools involved in the federal school lunch program ("Soda machine ban means good business for 3 Davis High students" Jan. 21). So the school removed their soft drink machines.
No matter — a few enterprising students now sit just outside school grounds during lunch and sell pop themselves. Now the lunch crowd just steps outside for a moment, buys pop from these entrepreneurs, then goes back in the school cafeteria to drink it. Problem solved.
This is exactly why new restrictive gun laws won't work either.
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 72
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 55
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 32
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 23
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 21