Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
In yet another example of ridiculous laws that don't solve anything, Davis High school was fined $15,000 last year for selling carbonated drinks and candy during lunch hour — unlawful for schools involved in the federal school lunch program ("Soda machine ban means good business for 3 Davis High students" Jan. 21). So the school removed their soft drink machines.
No matter — a few enterprising students now sit just outside school grounds during lunch and sell pop themselves. Now the lunch crowd just steps outside for a moment, buys pop from these entrepreneurs, then goes back in the school cafeteria to drink it. Problem solved.
This is exactly why new restrictive gun laws won't work either.
- My view: Campaign finance system is broken
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- My view: Honest debates are worth the...
- Letter: Federal law violated
- In our opinion: Declining abortion rates are...
- On Second Thought: Donald Trump, Chris...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Letter: Affected historic property