Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
In yet another example of ridiculous laws that don't solve anything, Davis High school was fined $15,000 last year for selling carbonated drinks and candy during lunch hour — unlawful for schools involved in the federal school lunch program ("Soda machine ban means good business for 3 Davis High students" Jan. 21). So the school removed their soft drink machines.
No matter — a few enterprising students now sit just outside school grounds during lunch and sell pop themselves. Now the lunch crowd just steps outside for a moment, buys pop from these entrepreneurs, then goes back in the school cafeteria to drink it. Problem solved.
This is exactly why new restrictive gun laws won't work either.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23