Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
In yet another example of ridiculous laws that don't solve anything, Davis High school was fined $15,000 last year for selling carbonated drinks and candy during lunch hour — unlawful for schools involved in the federal school lunch program ("Soda machine ban means good business for 3 Davis High students" Jan. 21). So the school removed their soft drink machines.
No matter — a few enterprising students now sit just outside school grounds during lunch and sell pop themselves. Now the lunch crowd just steps outside for a moment, buys pop from these entrepreneurs, then goes back in the school cafeteria to drink it. Problem solved.
This is exactly why new restrictive gun laws won't work either.
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 65
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 51
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 44
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 29
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools... 26
- My view: Women’s equality —... 25