Honesty. Just like the Billy Joel song goes, it is such a lonely word.
It was always part of the spelling tests I took in school. What I wonder: where do we find more honest Americans? I mean those who would go to the polls on Election Day, even if there was no one on the ballot they liked. We have the right to vote, but where do we get the right to not vote?
Let's walk down between the rows of headstones at Arlington National Cemetery and ask the boys sleeping there if they died for you to have the right to not vote. For that matter, abortion, living off the government dole, government-owned health insurance or the right to bear arms. I'll bet not a single one of those boys knew that is what they died for.
Honesty. That word gets lonelier every day.
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Letter: Envision Utah scam
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 45
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 44
- Letter: Human body 41
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 40
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 33
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 23