I think that everybody should be able to bear arms. It should be unconstitutional to ban guns. We need to be able to protect ourselves from tyranny. The Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Assault rifles help protect us. The government has no right to take away our guns, even if they are assault rifles. If nobody had guns, how would we protect ourselves? The government would be able to do anything it wanted. Terrorists could attack us — we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Matt Erickson, Scout Troop 1340
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's foreign...
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- In our opinion: Looking upward, seeking...
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in the...
- Letter: End daylight saving time
- Robert Bennett: Compromise will morph into...
- Libertarian wave wins big at CPAC
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- Charles Krauthammer: The president's... 56
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 34
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 34
- Letter: End daylight saving time 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Letter: A 'dying' document 27
- A Hobson's choice: Religious freedom in... 26
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21