I think that everybody should be able to bear arms. It should be unconstitutional to ban guns. We need to be able to protect ourselves from tyranny. The Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Assault rifles help protect us. The government has no right to take away our guns, even if they are assault rifles. If nobody had guns, how would we protect ourselves? The government would be able to do anything it wanted. Terrorists could attack us — we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Matt Erickson, Scout Troop 1340
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Letter: Golden goose
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 32
- President should not act without... 28