I think that everybody should be able to bear arms. It should be unconstitutional to ban guns. We need to be able to protect ourselves from tyranny. The Second Amendment says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Assault rifles help protect us. The government has no right to take away our guns, even if they are assault rifles. If nobody had guns, how would we protect ourselves? The government would be able to do anything it wanted. Terrorists could attack us — we wouldn't be able to do anything about it.
Matt Erickson, Scout Troop 1340
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the state's...
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get out of...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Lessons...
- Letter: Duties of the job
- Letter: Future for teachers
- In the words of Thomas Jefferson: Why...
- Letter: Political extremes
- In our opinion: Obama's plan for free tuition...
- Dan Liljenquist: In order to confront... 43
- Letter: Medically fragile 41
- Kathleen Parker: Republican candidates... 38
- Letter: Duties of the job 29
- In our opinion: Hughes, House and... 25
- Letter: Harmful side effects 23
- Mark Reynolds: Pipeline alternatives... 23
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 23