In a sermon recorded 15 years earlier, Giglio had said: "If you look at the counsel of the word of God — Old Testament, New Testament — you come quickly to the conclusion that homosexuality is not an alternate lifestyle. ... Homosexuality is sin. It is sin in the eyes of God, and it is sin according to the word of God."
Clearly, these words are highly offensive to defenders of the sexual revolution. Indeed, times have changed.
Giglio's words, said Stetzer, were "simply mainstream evangelical expressions of what traditional Christians have believed for 2,000 years. ... But what we are learning is that a growing majority of Americans no longer feel comfortable with words like 'sin.' "
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 48
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Letter: Elected representatives 23
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 19