In a sermon recorded 15 years earlier, Giglio had said: "If you look at the counsel of the word of God — Old Testament, New Testament — you come quickly to the conclusion that homosexuality is not an alternate lifestyle. ... Homosexuality is sin. It is sin in the eyes of God, and it is sin according to the word of God."
Clearly, these words are highly offensive to defenders of the sexual revolution. Indeed, times have changed.
Giglio's words, said Stetzer, were "simply mainstream evangelical expressions of what traditional Christians have believed for 2,000 years. ... But what we are learning is that a growing majority of Americans no longer feel comfortable with words like 'sin.' "
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever 58
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 23
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 20