Here's a recap of Tuesday's high school basketball action, including Northridge's upset of Davis in Region 1 boys action:
SYRACUSE 63, FREMONT 47: Diante Mitchell led Syracuse with 18 points, and the Titans shot 20-for-30 from the free-throw line to pick up the region victory.
VIEWMONT 87, WEST 71: Jarom Tye scored 20 points, along with nine rebounds and seven assists to help Viewmont hand West a region loss.
HUNTER 69, GRANGER 56: Hunter's well-balanced scoring attack gave the Wolverines the victory over Granger. Hunter's Noah Togiai led all scorers with 33 points, while Makol Mawien ripped the nets for 32 points in the loss.
KEARNS 63, TAYLORSVILLE 59: Dayon Goodman went off to the tune of 29 points and 16 rebounds, recording the double-double to lift Kearns over Taylorsville.
BOUNTIFUL 57, HIGHLAND 43: Bountiful outscored Highland 25-10 in the fourth quarter as it broke open a close game in a battle of Region 6 unbeatens. Sam Merrill scored 28 points, including going 8 of 8 from the free throw line, as the Braves extended their winning streak to 14.
WOODS CROSS 62, CLEARFIELD 33: Woods Cross had nine players reach the box score, led by Luke Jowers with 10 points, to get the win over Clearfield in region play. Kyler Moore led the way for the Falcons with eight points in the loss.
EAST 56, CYPRUS 38: The Leopards shut the Pirates down early in the first half 29-9. Park Van Dyke scored a game high 29 points with six from behind the arc.
OLYMPUS 58, MURRAY 39: Olympus outscored Murray 15-3 in the second quarter and drilled 15 of its 18 free-throw attempts to solidify the win. Olympus' Jake Lindsey led all scorers with 14 points and Jaren Jones added 11 points to help the Titans get the win.
SPRINGVILLE 49, MAPLE MOUNTAIN 46: Springville's Max Schreiner and Bradley Kitchen combined for 25 points to help lift the Red Devils over Maple Mountain. Nate Guymon's led all scorers with 16 points in the loss.
TIMPANOGOS 81, SALEM HILLS 40: Jaxon Beck led Timpanogos with a game high 21 points, and the home team managed to force 20 Salem Hills turnovers in the region win.
TIMPVIEW 73, MOUNTAIN VIEW 46: Timpview took control of the second half, and behind 20 points from Dax Raymond, were able to pick up the lopsided win over Mountain View.
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Ranking the best college running backs...
- Rodney Hood, Dante Exum highlight Utah Jazz...
- Contract delay keeps Utah Jazz rookie Trey...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to be...
- Jerry Earl Johnston: The resurrection of...
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven teams...
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 101
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 86
- Morning links: Fox Sports discusses why... 56
- Morning links: New BYU commit's late... 31
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 31
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 23