Our take: The people of Long Beach, N.Y., paid it forward years ago when Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, and the people of Long Beach, Miss., are now returning the favor in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
"After Hurricane Katrina damaged the coast, Long Beach, N.Y., sent money and aid for Long Beach, Miss. On Saturday, Long Beach, Miss., raised money to for victims of Hurricane Sandy to return the favor.
"Organizers had just the right recipe to help people in need. They sold whole cooked chicken and BBQ pork butts to raise funds for Hurricane Sany victims in Long Beach, New York.
"Hoping to raise $8,000 with this event, Long Beach, Mississippi is just trying to provide a little relief and more than anything — encouragement.
"'Hang in there, it will all work out,' said Dolly Williamson."
- Fly a flag for Cody: Army confirms Utah man...
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records, Benghazi...
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal, Obama's...
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M but...
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Navy dolphins discover rare 19th-century torpedo
- White House insists Obama was not involved in...
- 2 men arrested in killing over iPad in Las Vegas
- Mitt Romney talks IRS, AP records,... 63
- Journalists push back against Obama... 21
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- White House insists Obama was not... 18
- House chairman sees IRS targeting as... 16
- Republicans try to link IRS scandal,... 12
- President Obama walking a familiar path... 11
- Tea party looks to take advantage of... 10