Long Beach, Miss., repays years-old favor by raising funds for Long Beach, N.Y.
Our take: The people of Long Beach, N.Y., paid it forward years ago when Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, and the people of Long Beach, Miss., are now returning the favor in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
"After Hurricane Katrina damaged the coast, Long Beach, N.Y., sent money and aid for Long Beach, Miss. On Saturday, Long Beach, Miss., raised money to for victims of Hurricane Sandy to return the favor.
"Organizers had just the right recipe to help people in need. They sold whole cooked chicken and BBQ pork butts to raise funds for Hurricane Sany victims in Long Beach, New York.
"Hoping to raise $8,000 with this event, Long Beach, Mississippi is just trying to provide a little relief and more than anything — encouragement.
"'Hang in there, it will all work out,' said Dolly Williamson."
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 14
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 14
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13