Long Beach, Miss., repays years-old favor by raising funds for Long Beach, N.Y.
Our take: The people of Long Beach, N.Y., paid it forward years ago when Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, and the people of Long Beach, Miss., are now returning the favor in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
"After Hurricane Katrina damaged the coast, Long Beach, N.Y., sent money and aid for Long Beach, Miss. On Saturday, Long Beach, Miss., raised money to for victims of Hurricane Sandy to return the favor.
"Organizers had just the right recipe to help people in need. They sold whole cooked chicken and BBQ pork butts to raise funds for Hurricane Sany victims in Long Beach, New York.
"Hoping to raise $8,000 with this event, Long Beach, Mississippi is just trying to provide a little relief and more than anything — encouragement.
"'Hang in there, it will all work out,' said Dolly Williamson."
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10