Our take: The people of Long Beach, N.Y., paid it forward years ago when Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast, and the people of Long Beach, Miss., are now returning the favor in the wake of Superstorm Sandy.
"After Hurricane Katrina damaged the coast, Long Beach, N.Y., sent money and aid for Long Beach, Miss. On Saturday, Long Beach, Miss., raised money to for victims of Hurricane Sandy to return the favor.
"Organizers had just the right recipe to help people in need. They sold whole cooked chicken and BBQ pork butts to raise funds for Hurricane Sany victims in Long Beach, New York.
"Hoping to raise $8,000 with this event, Long Beach, Mississippi is just trying to provide a little relief and more than anything — encouragement.
"'Hang in there, it will all work out,' said Dolly Williamson."
- In Disney World's shadow, homeless families...
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not the...
- Student debt holds back many would-be home...
- Costa Rica is demanding US explain 'Cuban...
- Justin Bieber apologizes for Japan war shrine...
- Gas explosion forces Wyoming town to evacuate
- First lady gets resume from girl with jobless...
- Everest climbing season in disarray after deaths
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan's... 27
- Affordable Care Act only chips away at... 26
- Judge: Indiana hasn't given valid... 24
- Herbert: Embattled Nevada rancher 'not... 24
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 20
- Vegas’ water drying up 15
- Boogeymen and shady deals define spin... 13
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in... 12