I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually can make...
- Dan Liljenquist: Utah Retirement System audit...
- Letter: Put people in control
- National debt not just financial issue...
- In Our Opinion: Hatch-Cardin bill to make...
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar question...
- Letter: Beware of barbecued bugs
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results,... 50
- Richard Davis: The million-dollar... 48
- Letter: Solar surcharge 34
- In our opinion: Study cites excessive... 32
- In our opinion: Teacher evaluations a... 30
- Michael Gerson: Republicans should... 30
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 28
- Letter: Keep it simple 27