I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30