I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- My view: Powdr Corp and Park City Mountain...
- The relationship between religiosity and...
- Improving voter turnout still a tough nut to...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 74
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 53
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 39
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is it impossible... 32