I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- About Utah: They got exactly what they wished...
- Letter: Shredded Constitution
- My view: Poor federal stewardship threatens...
- My view: TPA trade agreement counts as...
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school funds...
- Letter: Messy tax code
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial violence...
- Letter: Sovereign flag
- Letter: Shredded Constitution 77
- Letter: Sovereign flag 45
- In our opinion: After court's marriage... 42
- Michael and Jenet Erickson: 7... 38
- In our opinion: In wake of ACA ruling,... 29
- Robert J. Samuelson: Are policies... 25
- George F. Will: Chief Justice John... 22
- Sistas in Zion: Reaction to racial... 18