I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 35
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 21
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 16
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice... 13