I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- Politicians being awkward at Halloween
- Jay Evensen: IRS abuses continue —...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: The burden and...
- In our opinion: Protecting the church from...
- My view: Herbert should pick law interpreter
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah be in the Central...
- Letter: Waiving rights
- My view: Crony capitalism is usurping control