I was sickened to read of the killing of a 15-year-old boy by a driver that was texting while drving. The driver is certainly guilty of negligent homicide.
However, our legislators are equally guilty when they fail to make it a crime to be using a cellphone while driving. I had a grandson stationed in the Netherlands who told us that there was a $250 fine for driving while using a cellphone.
There is no excuse for putting everyone on and off the highways at risk for one person's lack of respect for life.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day