, Courtesy University Of Utah, Courtesy Phoenix Suns
Q: DID YOU ENJOY YOUR TIME AT UTAH?
A: I loved it. I had a great time there. Obviously when you're playing basketball and doing what you love, you enjoy it. It was difficult at times. We had a very talented team when I came in. So I was always fighting for time right off the bat and that probably made me better because I really had to work harder to get in and play.
Q: HOW DID YOU END UP WITH THE UTES?
A: It basically came down to Utah and BYU at the end. I chose Utah. Everything there helped me a lot. You look at our numbers and I think I only played 20-something minutes a game. But we had a bunch of talented guys. We all contributed and we were really good. … Frank Arnold was not happy when I told him I was thinking about Utah. That's why I decided to go to Utah. He threw an absolute fit. Oh my gosh.
Q: DID YOU ENJOY RETURNING TO SALT LAKE CITY AND PLAYING FOR THE UTAH JAZZ (1993-95)?
A: It was nice to come back and see the family regularly, that kind of thing. I enjoyed playing with John (Stockton) and Karl (Malone). That was just a real special time, too, and I kind of fit in as a guy who could provide a spark off the bench. I had fun up there playing with the Jazz. I absolutely did.
Q: HOW IS THE BROADCASTING CAREER GOING?
A: It's different. The good thing about broadcasting versus coaching, or even playing for that matter, is I have summers off. When I played I didn't have summers off, but now I truly do. I have games but it's half the day so I can have a life. Obviously, we do a lot of games but I love it. … It's a really good job to talk about the team and have fun with it. It's a full-time job where you still have time to enjoy the kids when they're out of school and stuff like that. So I really like it.
Q: WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT UTAH'S HIRING OF LARRY KRYSTKOWIAK?
A: I think it was a great hire. Hopefully he'll be able to recruit because that's one thing, no matter how good your are, you've got to go out and get some players. … I know Larry is certainly a good enough coach and he'll command enough respect and attention. He wants to bring the program back so I believe that will happen. It's just a matter of when he gets that one guy that's going to bring some attention back.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 64
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 46
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 43
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34