STANFORD, Calif. — Chiney Ogwumike had 23 points and 13 rebounds to lead No. 6 Stanford to a 65-44 victory over Utah on Friday night.
Joslyn Tinkle added 16 points for the Cardinal (17-2, 6-1 Pac-12), who won their third straight and for the sixth time in seven games.
Michelle Plouffe scored 24 points and had 10 rebounds to lead the Utes (10-8, 1-6), who lost for the seventh time in eight games since opening the season 9-1. Paige Crozen added 10 points.
Utah's 6-foot-3 junior forward Taryn Wicijowski, sixth in the conference in scoring, left the game with an apparent right knee injury midway through the first half. She went up for a layup and crumbled to the ground. It took a few minutes to attend to her.
Wicijowski, a member of the Canadian senior national team, remained on the bench, her knee lightly wrapped, for the remainder of the game.
Stanford led at halftime, 35-19.
Tinkle scored the game's first seven points and nine of Stanford's first 16 as the Cardinal never trailed.
Losing Wicijowski made it even more difficult for the Utes to find a way to slow down Ogwumike, who has 14 double-doubles on the season and three straight.
Plouffe did her best to keep the Utes in the game and played the final 12 minutes with four personal fouls. It still didn't prevent the Cardinal from improving to 16-0 all-time against the Utes.
Stanford has held its last 37 opponents to under 70 points.
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 64
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 39
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20