Metta World Peace had 17 points and both Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard notched double-doubles as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz 102-84.
Howard, who nearly had a double-double at halftime finished with 17 points and 13 assists. Bryant finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and 14 assists, his highest assist total since Nov 14, 2010.
Four of the five Laker starters finished in double figures and Pau Gasol had 15 points off the bench.
Derrick Favors led the Jazz off the bench scoring 14 points. Gordon Hayward, who also came off the bench added 13.
Al Jefferson, who finished with 12 points and seven rebounds, was dominated down low by Howard. The Jazz were out rebounded 45 to 30.
Here are some reactions to the Jazz' defeat from the Twitterverse:
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45