Metta World Peace had 17 points and both Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard notched double-doubles as the Los Angeles Lakers defeated the Utah Jazz 102-84.
Howard, who nearly had a double-double at halftime finished with 17 points and 13 assists. Bryant finished with 14 points, nine rebounds and 14 assists, his highest assist total since Nov 14, 2010.
Four of the five Laker starters finished in double figures and Pau Gasol had 15 points off the bench.
Derrick Favors led the Jazz off the bench scoring 14 points. Gordon Hayward, who also came off the bench added 13.
Al Jefferson, who finished with 12 points and seven rebounds, was dominated down low by Howard. The Jazz were out rebounded 45 to 30.
Here are some reactions to the Jazz' defeat from the Twitterverse:
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21