Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
In its endorsement of Rep. Jim Matheson's violent video game bill, the Deseret News misses an important question: Are children under 18 able today to buy M-rated video games?
The salient facts are that 1) virtually all video games today have ratings on them and 2) nearly all retailers will not sell M-rated games to minors. So what would be the likely effect of Rep. Matheson's bill that the Deseret News endorses? Bigger government without noticeable improvements to the social landscape. This is a bill intended to make its supporters feel good about doing something, and nothing else. No, thank you.
- My view: Voting member's perspective on the...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: Founders' values
- John Florez: Government a big vending machine
- In our opinion: Leave NCIC alone
- The winners and the losers
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Letters: 'My View' irresponsible