Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
In its endorsement of Rep. Jim Matheson's violent video game bill, the Deseret News misses an important question: Are children under 18 able today to buy M-rated video games?
The salient facts are that 1) virtually all video games today have ratings on them and 2) nearly all retailers will not sell M-rated games to minors. So what would be the likely effect of Rep. Matheson's bill that the Deseret News endorses? Bigger government without noticeable improvements to the social landscape. This is a bill intended to make its supporters feel good about doing something, and nothing else. No, thank you.
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 108
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 44
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41