Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
In its endorsement of Rep. Jim Matheson's violent video game bill, the Deseret News misses an important question: Are children under 18 able today to buy M-rated video games?
The salient facts are that 1) virtually all video games today have ratings on them and 2) nearly all retailers will not sell M-rated games to minors. So what would be the likely effect of Rep. Matheson's bill that the Deseret News endorses? Bigger government without noticeable improvements to the social landscape. This is a bill intended to make its supporters feel good about doing something, and nothing else. No, thank you.
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- Who are the real heroes of election reform?
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- Letter: Religious freedom
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 31
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 29
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 28
- Michael Gerson: The GOP needs to... 22