I see that Anita Hill who gave testimony against Supreme Court Justice nominee Clarence Thomas some 22 years ago is back in the news with her Sundance film documentary about the hearing. I vividly recall watching it on TV and then, as I still do today, believed Anita Hill's testimony and not that of Justice Thomas.
What stands out even more was how Sen. Orrin Hatch behaved as he cross-examined and berated her. He was relentless and brutal. I always wished that the tables could have been turned and Anita Hill would have a chance to question Hatch. His responses would have probably been "I feel strongly both ways," and "Yes, my favorite color is plaid."
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22