I see that Anita Hill who gave testimony against Supreme Court Justice nominee Clarence Thomas some 22 years ago is back in the news with her Sundance film documentary about the hearing. I vividly recall watching it on TV and then, as I still do today, believed Anita Hill's testimony and not that of Justice Thomas.
What stands out even more was how Sen. Orrin Hatch behaved as he cross-examined and berated her. He was relentless and brutal. I always wished that the tables could have been turned and Anita Hill would have a chance to question Hatch. His responses would have probably been "I feel strongly both ways," and "Yes, my favorite color is plaid."
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- Letter: Access to health care
- Letter: Distance from religion
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- Prisons bring much positive change