Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's TWO — Kaleidoscope will feature works from choreographer Alwin Nikolais.
Performances are scheduled for Feb. 1 and 2 at 7 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 2 at the Capitol Theatre.
The show is for all ages, according to a news release.
TWO — Kaleidoscope will include "Gallery," which premiered in Salt Lake City last year, "Tensile Involvement," "Noumenon Mobilus" and "Kaleidoscope." This will be the last opportunity to see Nikolais works performed in Salt Lake City for years.
"Nikolais' unique, multi-media dance theatre has served as an inspiration for current artists such as the Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, Pilobolus, and Momix," the news release reads.
"Ririe-Woodbury is the only professional dance company licensed to perform a full evening of his works since his death over 16 years ago."
Ririe-Woodbury will also perform five student matinees, which are open and free to all Utah schools. Approximately 7,000 students and teachers will see this performance thanks to funding from the Utah State Office of Education POPS Program, the Utah Arts Council, the Salt Lake Arts Council and several sponsors.
If you go ...
What: TWO — Kaleidoscope
When: Feb. 1-2 at 7 p.m., Feb. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City
Cost: $30 general, $15 students and seniors, $45 family of five, $20 groups of six-plus
Tickets: Available at arttix.org, 801-355-ARTS or any ArtTix Box Office
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Millcreek man found dead near Saltair was...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 38
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11
- Cheerleaders for Medicaid expansion ask... 9