Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's TWO — Kaleidoscope will feature works from choreographer Alwin Nikolais.
Performances are scheduled for Feb. 1 and 2 at 7 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 2 at the Capitol Theatre.
The show is for all ages, according to a news release.
TWO — Kaleidoscope will include "Gallery," which premiered in Salt Lake City last year, "Tensile Involvement," "Noumenon Mobilus" and "Kaleidoscope." This will be the last opportunity to see Nikolais works performed in Salt Lake City for years.
"Nikolais' unique, multi-media dance theatre has served as an inspiration for current artists such as the Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, Pilobolus, and Momix," the news release reads.
"Ririe-Woodbury is the only professional dance company licensed to perform a full evening of his works since his death over 16 years ago."
Ririe-Woodbury will also perform five student matinees, which are open and free to all Utah schools. Approximately 7,000 students and teachers will see this performance thanks to funding from the Utah State Office of Education POPS Program, the Utah Arts Council, the Salt Lake Arts Council and several sponsors.
If you go ...
What: TWO — Kaleidoscope
When: Feb. 1-2 at 7 p.m., Feb. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City
Cost: $30 general, $15 students and seniors, $45 family of five, $20 groups of six-plus
Tickets: Available at arttix.org, 801-355-ARTS or any ArtTix Box Office
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 159
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 79
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17