Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company's TWO — Kaleidoscope will feature works from choreographer Alwin Nikolais.
Performances are scheduled for Feb. 1 and 2 at 7 p.m. and at 2 p.m. on Feb. 2 at the Capitol Theatre.
The show is for all ages, according to a news release.
TWO — Kaleidoscope will include "Gallery," which premiered in Salt Lake City last year, "Tensile Involvement," "Noumenon Mobilus" and "Kaleidoscope." This will be the last opportunity to see Nikolais works performed in Salt Lake City for years.
"Nikolais' unique, multi-media dance theatre has served as an inspiration for current artists such as the Blue Man Group, Cirque du Soleil, Pilobolus, and Momix," the news release reads.
"Ririe-Woodbury is the only professional dance company licensed to perform a full evening of his works since his death over 16 years ago."
Ririe-Woodbury will also perform five student matinees, which are open and free to all Utah schools. Approximately 7,000 students and teachers will see this performance thanks to funding from the Utah State Office of Education POPS Program, the Utah Arts Council, the Salt Lake Arts Council and several sponsors.
If you go ...
What: TWO — Kaleidoscope
When: Feb. 1-2 at 7 p.m., Feb. 2 at 2 p.m.
Where: Capitol Theatre, 50 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City
Cost: $30 general, $15 students and seniors, $45 family of five, $20 groups of six-plus
Tickets: Available at arttix.org, 801-355-ARTS or any ArtTix Box Office
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18