MSU finished the game 24-of-29 for 82 percent from the free-throw line, compared to 70 percent shooting for the Wildcats. Weber State shot 50 percent from the field, compared to 44 percent for the Bobcats, but MSU outrebounded the Wildcats 33-30 and Weber State committed 16 turnovers to only seven for the Bobcats.
"Montana State changed up some things up on us and got us a little bit out of our rhythm in the second half," said WSU head coach Randy Rahe.
"We just didn't play very well in the second half and got a little impatient at times and they out played us. We didn't take care of the ball in the second half and that's something we have to correct. Montana State played a great game."
Berry led the Wildcats with 24 points, just one off his career-high. He was 8-13 from the field and knocked down a career-high six 3-pointers. Scott Bamforth added 14 points and made four 3-pointers and Kyle Tresnak added 13 points, eight rebounds and three blocked shots.
Montana State improved to 8-9 overall and 5-4 in Big Sky play.
Thursday's game was the first of a four game road trip for Weber State. The Wildcats will take on defending Big Sky champion and current conference leader Montana Saturday night in Missoula. The Grizzlies are 9-0 in league play and have won 20 straight Big Sky games, including a 70-51 win over Idaho State Thursday night.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 50
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33