CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Jackson Stevenett scored 21 points, helping Southern Utah roll to a 76-63 wire-to-wire victory over Portland State on Thursday night.
Damon Heuir scored 19 points and dished out six assists for Southern Utah (6-12, 4-5 Big Sky). Jayson Cheesman scored 11 points and grabbed 11 rebounds.
Southern Utah had a 20-10 advantage in second-chance points and a 36-18 edge in points in the paint.
Aaron Moore led Portland State (5-11, 3-6) with 19 points and nine rebounds. Lateef McMullan scored 14 points and had six assists.
Stevenett hit 9 of his 13 shots from the field, helping Southern Utah post an overall percentage of 50.9. Portland State made just 36 percent of its shots from the field (18 of 50).
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37