Without getting in the middle of the discussion regarding the merits of global warming, I was surprised to hear President Obama highlight that as a central focus of his second term. It seems to me with all the other worries we have in this country and abroad, we have bigger fish to fry than whether we lose or gain a partial degree here or there. After all, fighting global warming is all about spending more money.
Haven't we already done a pretty good job of spending money we don't have? Let's tell our elected officials to tackle bigger issues like the economy, tax relief and curbing spending, and leave global warming for another day when we have paid off the national debt and thus have some spare money sitting around.
- Letter: Social judges?
- Jay Evensen: Face it Salt Lake, panhandlers...
- Kathleen Parker: Baltimore riots —...
- Navas & Archibald: Utah has already paid its...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation against...
- Letter: No cash deposits
- In our opinion: Revisiting the Holocaust as...
- In our opinion: Children's Book Week...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch: Misrepresentation... 71
- John Hoffmire: The pathway to change in... 50
- In our opinion: Greece's fiscal... 34
- In our opinion: Regulatory relief,... 33
- Letter: No humane way to kill 31
- Letter: Social judges? 30
- Michael Erickson: Lincoln saved a... 27
- Dean Li: Don’t stop debating... 27