Without getting in the middle of the discussion regarding the merits of global warming, I was surprised to hear President Obama highlight that as a central focus of his second term. It seems to me with all the other worries we have in this country and abroad, we have bigger fish to fry than whether we lose or gain a partial degree here or there. After all, fighting global warming is all about spending more money.
Haven't we already done a pretty good job of spending money we don't have? Let's tell our elected officials to tackle bigger issues like the economy, tax relief and curbing spending, and leave global warming for another day when we have paid off the national debt and thus have some spare money sitting around.
- Join the discussion: Is feminism misunderstood?
- Dan Liljenquist: The economic impact of...
- In our opinion: Timing is right for the...
- In our opinion: Federal contracting executive...
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'?
- Doug Robinson: Violence against women is...
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act needs...
- Capitalism and the common good: Fairness,...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 114
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 54
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook... 51
- Can a news channel 'solve problems'? 46
- Letter: Policy disagreement 45
- My view: A global warming solution to... 36
- Join the discussion: Is feminism... 36