Without getting in the middle of the discussion regarding the merits of global warming, I was surprised to hear President Obama highlight that as a central focus of his second term. It seems to me with all the other worries we have in this country and abroad, we have bigger fish to fry than whether we lose or gain a partial degree here or there. After all, fighting global warming is all about spending more money.
Haven't we already done a pretty good job of spending money we don't have? Let's tell our elected officials to tackle bigger issues like the economy, tax relief and curbing spending, and leave global warming for another day when we have paid off the national debt and thus have some spare money sitting around.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood... 53
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 49
- Letter: Erratic protests 31
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23