Without getting in the middle of the discussion regarding the merits of global warming, I was surprised to hear President Obama highlight that as a central focus of his second term. It seems to me with all the other worries we have in this country and abroad, we have bigger fish to fry than whether we lose or gain a partial degree here or there. After all, fighting global warming is all about spending more money.
Haven't we already done a pretty good job of spending money we don't have? Let's tell our elected officials to tackle bigger issues like the economy, tax relief and curbing spending, and leave global warming for another day when we have paid off the national debt and thus have some spare money sitting around.
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Letter: Protected lands
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 37
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 36
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31