BOZEMAN, Mont. — Weber State enters perhaps the most difficult road stretch of the season with fresh legs, a characteristic it desperately needed after playing three games in 10 days.
The Wildcats (13-3, 8-0) kick-start their four-game road swing today at 7 p.m. at Montana State (7-9, 4-4), a team that took its rival and co-Big Sky leader Montana to the wire in an eventual loss last week. In fact, the Bobcats led the majority of the game and if not for a desperation 3-pointer as time expired in regulation they would have handed the Grizzlies their first conference loss on the year. MSU topped Southern Utah 76-68 on Monday.
The Bobcats are extremely balanced offensively with the ability to score in the paint and also connect from beyond the arc while ranking second in the Big Sky in point per game production (73.1 ppg).
Senior guard Christian Moon leads the charge for Montana State, averaging slightly more than 15 points per game. Fellow senior, Xavier Blount, also averages double digit scoring figures (11.5 ppg).
WSU has won nine straight and 12 of its last 13 games.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (13-3, 8-0) at Montana State (7-9, 4-4)
Today, 7 p.m.
Worthington Arena, Bozeman, Mont.
Radio: 1280 AM
Online streaming: bigskytv.org
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up just...
- Utah Jazz: A few slices of holiday spirit...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's prep roundup
- Utah Jazz: Comparisons inevitable between...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 185
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 80
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 49