BOZEMAN, Mont. — Weber State enters perhaps the most difficult road stretch of the season with fresh legs, a characteristic it desperately needed after playing three games in 10 days.
The Wildcats (13-3, 8-0) kick-start their four-game road swing today at 7 p.m. at Montana State (7-9, 4-4), a team that took its rival and co-Big Sky leader Montana to the wire in an eventual loss last week. In fact, the Bobcats led the majority of the game and if not for a desperation 3-pointer as time expired in regulation they would have handed the Grizzlies their first conference loss on the year. MSU topped Southern Utah 76-68 on Monday.
The Bobcats are extremely balanced offensively with the ability to score in the paint and also connect from beyond the arc while ranking second in the Big Sky in point per game production (73.1 ppg).
Senior guard Christian Moon leads the charge for Montana State, averaging slightly more than 15 points per game. Fellow senior, Xavier Blount, also averages double digit scoring figures (11.5 ppg).
WSU has won nine straight and 12 of its last 13 games.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (13-3, 8-0) at Montana State (7-9, 4-4)
Today, 7 p.m.
Worthington Arena, Bozeman, Mont.
Radio: 1280 AM
Online streaming: bigskytv.org
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- The offseason status of NFL players with Utah...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- High school track: Boys championship results...
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a mythical...
- High school football: Orem player responds...
- Considerable work, planning has gone... 71
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 68
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 65
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 62
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 61
- Utes football: No changes imminent for... 57
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A, 3A state... 49
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 27