Weber State basketball: 'Cats set for 4-game stretch on the road
BOZEMAN, Mont. — Weber State enters perhaps the most difficult road stretch of the season with fresh legs, a characteristic it desperately needed after playing three games in 10 days.
The Wildcats (13-3, 8-0) kick-start their four-game road swing today at 7 p.m. at Montana State (7-9, 4-4), a team that took its rival and co-Big Sky leader Montana to the wire in an eventual loss last week. In fact, the Bobcats led the majority of the game and if not for a desperation 3-pointer as time expired in regulation they would have handed the Grizzlies their first conference loss on the year. MSU topped Southern Utah 76-68 on Monday.
The Bobcats are extremely balanced offensively with the ability to score in the paint and also connect from beyond the arc while ranking second in the Big Sky in point per game production (73.1 ppg).
Senior guard Christian Moon leads the charge for Montana State, averaging slightly more than 15 points per game. Fellow senior, Xavier Blount, also averages double digit scoring figures (11.5 ppg).
WSU has won nine straight and 12 of its last 13 games.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (13-3, 8-0) at Montana State (7-9, 4-4)
Today, 7 p.m.
Worthington Arena, Bozeman, Mont.
Radio: 1280 AM
Online streaming: bigskytv.org
- The 1995 NBA draft redone: Was Greg Ostertag...
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;...
- Utah Jazz: Brazilian point guard Raul Neto...
- Jazz fan favorite Jeremy Evans' era in Utah...
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Hatfield suspended from U. football program...
- Hoffman, Collie or Doughty: Which local...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 107
- Morning links: BYU signee shot in arm;... 36
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 35
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert... 29
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 27
- Utah Utes enjoy banner year as seven... 19
- Hatfield suspended from U. football... 18