Weber State basketball: 'Cats set for 4-game stretch on the road
BOZEMAN, Mont. — Weber State enters perhaps the most difficult road stretch of the season with fresh legs, a characteristic it desperately needed after playing three games in 10 days.
The Wildcats (13-3, 8-0) kick-start their four-game road swing today at 7 p.m. at Montana State (7-9, 4-4), a team that took its rival and co-Big Sky leader Montana to the wire in an eventual loss last week. In fact, the Bobcats led the majority of the game and if not for a desperation 3-pointer as time expired in regulation they would have handed the Grizzlies their first conference loss on the year. MSU topped Southern Utah 76-68 on Monday.
The Bobcats are extremely balanced offensively with the ability to score in the paint and also connect from beyond the arc while ranking second in the Big Sky in point per game production (73.1 ppg).
Senior guard Christian Moon leads the charge for Montana State, averaging slightly more than 15 points per game. Fellow senior, Xavier Blount, also averages double digit scoring figures (11.5 ppg).
WSU has won nine straight and 12 of its last 13 games.
Wildcats on the air
Weber State (13-3, 8-0) at Montana State (7-9, 4-4)
Today, 7 p.m.
Worthington Arena, Bozeman, Mont.
Radio: 1280 AM
Online streaming: bigskytv.org
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25