S.L. native Nathan Chen places 3rd in men's junior division of U.S. Figure Skating Championships
OMAHA, Neb. — Salt Lake City's Nathan Chen took third in the men's junior division of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships.
Battling a stomach virus, Chen, the event's defending champion, fell on the second jump of a triple flip-triple toe combination and turned several other intended triples into doubles.
"I could have done better, but due to my setbacks — I've been sick the past couple of days and I've had injury after injury — I think I pulled off basically what I was going for," the 13-year-old said.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 28
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22