I must confess that I am unable to see how the recent executive orders and suggestions of President Obama on gun control might infringe upon our constitutional rights or weaken our ability to defend ourselves. I likewise fail to understand the visceral hatred by some of President Obama, who, may I say, seems rather capable and principled.
Moreover, I question the paranoia that characterizes our government as a nefarious organization of closet traitors whose secret agenda it is to subvert our constitution and rob us of our freedoms.
I'm further puzzled by simplistic political jingoism whose only contribution it seems is confusion, by ideological mindsets at the expense of virtue and meaningful insight and the conviction that any concession becomes a slippery slope.
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running shoe...
- In our opinion: A darkening cloud is hanging...
- My view: People deserve rights at our borders
- Richard Davis: Airlines should do more for...
- Letters: Federal encroachment
- Snapshot of 2013 in political cartoons
- Michael Gerson: Reinvigorating the GOP will...
- Timothy R. Clark: Graduation advice for my...
- Letters: Stop the witch hunt 35
- John Florez: Show leadership on... 31
- Letter: Media failure 25
- Letters: Threats justified 24
- Robert Bennett: Sticking to facts is... 23
- Doug Robinson: Utah man's new running... 19
- In our opinion: Limit the power of the... 18
- My view: People deserve rights at our... 18