I must confess that I am unable to see how the recent executive orders and suggestions of President Obama on gun control might infringe upon our constitutional rights or weaken our ability to defend ourselves. I likewise fail to understand the visceral hatred by some of President Obama, who, may I say, seems rather capable and principled.
Moreover, I question the paranoia that characterizes our government as a nefarious organization of closet traitors whose secret agenda it is to subvert our constitution and rob us of our freedoms.
I'm further puzzled by simplistic political jingoism whose only contribution it seems is confusion, by ideological mindsets at the expense of virtue and meaningful insight and the conviction that any concession becomes a slippery slope.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 58
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 31
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: We can do better 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24