I must confess that I am unable to see how the recent executive orders and suggestions of President Obama on gun control might infringe upon our constitutional rights or weaken our ability to defend ourselves. I likewise fail to understand the visceral hatred by some of President Obama, who, may I say, seems rather capable and principled.
Moreover, I question the paranoia that characterizes our government as a nefarious organization of closet traitors whose secret agenda it is to subvert our constitution and rob us of our freedoms.
I'm further puzzled by simplistic political jingoism whose only contribution it seems is confusion, by ideological mindsets at the expense of virtue and meaningful insight and the conviction that any concession becomes a slippery slope.
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 71
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 35
- Letter: Not so lazy 34
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- George F. Will: America’s welfare... 22
- Letter: Idle elimination 19