I must confess that I am unable to see how the recent executive orders and suggestions of President Obama on gun control might infringe upon our constitutional rights or weaken our ability to defend ourselves. I likewise fail to understand the visceral hatred by some of President Obama, who, may I say, seems rather capable and principled.
Moreover, I question the paranoia that characterizes our government as a nefarious organization of closet traitors whose secret agenda it is to subvert our constitution and rob us of our freedoms.
I'm further puzzled by simplistic political jingoism whose only contribution it seems is confusion, by ideological mindsets at the expense of virtue and meaningful insight and the conviction that any concession becomes a slippery slope.
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Lois M. Collins: Kids' summer 'bucket list'...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: Government, health care
- Letters: No welfare, ever 66
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 30
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Matthew Sanders: Imploding trust in... 20
- Charles Krauthammer: Americans deserve... 17
- Michael Gerson: As government's... 15