I must confess that I am unable to see how the recent executive orders and suggestions of President Obama on gun control might infringe upon our constitutional rights or weaken our ability to defend ourselves. I likewise fail to understand the visceral hatred by some of President Obama, who, may I say, seems rather capable and principled.
Moreover, I question the paranoia that characterizes our government as a nefarious organization of closet traitors whose secret agenda it is to subvert our constitution and rob us of our freedoms.
I'm further puzzled by simplistic political jingoism whose only contribution it seems is confusion, by ideological mindsets at the expense of virtue and meaningful insight and the conviction that any concession becomes a slippery slope.
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22