Elmary Davidson's letter ("Jones right about 'filth,' " Jan. 20) reminded me of a newspaper article published Sept. 26, 2000.
The article quotes Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) as agreeing with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman's criticisms of the film industry. "Half the business called Hollywood is sleaze," Sheen said. He added: "Lieberman is absolutely right. He's one of the few politicians who's willing to stand and say that. A lot of what we do has very little to do with art. It has to do with sleaze and gratuitous sex and unnecessary violence."
So how should Angus T. Jones respond when Charlie Sheen asks him what he really thinks of "Two and a Half Men"? "Ask your dad."
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...