Elmary Davidson's letter ("Jones right about 'filth,' " Jan. 20) reminded me of a newspaper article published Sept. 26, 2000.
The article quotes Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) as agreeing with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman's criticisms of the film industry. "Half the business called Hollywood is sleaze," Sheen said. He added: "Lieberman is absolutely right. He's one of the few politicians who's willing to stand and say that. A lot of what we do has very little to do with art. It has to do with sleaze and gratuitous sex and unnecessary violence."
So how should Angus T. Jones respond when Charlie Sheen asks him what he really thinks of "Two and a Half Men"? "Ask your dad."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- President should not act without...
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a problem
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP?
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 64
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 59
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 43
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 38
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 24
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- President should not act without... 20