Elmary Davidson's letter ("Jones right about 'filth,' " Jan. 20) reminded me of a newspaper article published Sept. 26, 2000.
The article quotes Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) as agreeing with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman's criticisms of the film industry. "Half the business called Hollywood is sleaze," Sheen said. He added: "Lieberman is absolutely right. He's one of the few politicians who's willing to stand and say that. A lot of what we do has very little to do with art. It has to do with sleaze and gratuitous sex and unnecessary violence."
So how should Angus T. Jones respond when Charlie Sheen asks him what he really thinks of "Two and a Half Men"? "Ask your dad."
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- This year's most popular editorials
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 64
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 48
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation... 22
- Reconnecting with Cuba is a good move... 20