Elmary Davidson's letter ("Jones right about 'filth,' " Jan. 20) reminded me of a newspaper article published Sept. 26, 2000.
The article quotes Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) as agreeing with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman's criticisms of the film industry. "Half the business called Hollywood is sleaze," Sheen said. He added: "Lieberman is absolutely right. He's one of the few politicians who's willing to stand and say that. A lot of what we do has very little to do with art. It has to do with sleaze and gratuitous sex and unnecessary violence."
So how should Angus T. Jones respond when Charlie Sheen asks him what he really thinks of "Two and a Half Men"? "Ask your dad."
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 48
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 38
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 25
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Derek B. Miller: Politics may end up... 17