Elmary Davidson's letter ("Jones right about 'filth,' " Jan. 20) reminded me of a newspaper article published Sept. 26, 2000.
The article quotes Martin Sheen (Charlie Sheen's father) as agreeing with Democratic vice-presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman's criticisms of the film industry. "Half the business called Hollywood is sleaze," Sheen said. He added: "Lieberman is absolutely right. He's one of the few politicians who's willing to stand and say that. A lot of what we do has very little to do with art. It has to do with sleaze and gratuitous sex and unnecessary violence."
So how should Angus T. Jones respond when Charlie Sheen asks him what he really thinks of "Two and a Half Men"? "Ask your dad."
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with...
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod
- Endangered Species Act lost sight of its mission
- In our opinion: Maintaining balance
- My view: History lesson: 'Taking back'...
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 65
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 49
- Obama's biggest test: Ukraine 33
- Robert Bennett: Keystone: What... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 27
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 24