Karen Workman, Deseret News archives
Our take: Plans to construct the Fort Lauderdale Temple were announced on Oct. 3, 2009, by LDS Church President Monson. The groundbreaking for the temple occurred on June 18, 2011. As construction on the temple nears completion, members of the community are taking notice. In this Local 10 report, a member of the church in Florida discusses the significance of this building.
It is one of the fastest growing faiths the South Florida area: Mormonism.
According to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, within the last year their congregation has more than doubled in sized in this area. This is just one of the reasons why the Mormon church as decided to build a temple in Davie.
There are only 140 temples worldwide and just one in the state of Florida. It's located in Orlando.
That's why the new temple being built in Davie is such a big deal for Jim Robinson and his family.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16