Karen Workman, Deseret News archives
Our take: Plans to construct the Fort Lauderdale Temple were announced on Oct. 3, 2009, by LDS Church President Monson. The groundbreaking for the temple occurred on June 18, 2011. As construction on the temple nears completion, members of the community are taking notice. In this Local 10 report, a member of the church in Florida discusses the significance of this building.
It is one of the fastest growing faiths the South Florida area: Mormonism.
According to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, within the last year their congregation has more than doubled in sized in this area. This is just one of the reasons why the Mormon church as decided to build a temple in Davie.
There are only 140 temples worldwide and just one in the state of Florida. It's located in Orlando.
That's why the new temple being built in Davie is such a big deal for Jim Robinson and his family.
- Pope prays at Armenia memorial after...
- Pope visits Armenia's closed border with...
- Pope's message of peace resonates with Syrian...
- Retired pope thanks reigning pope for his...
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the end of...
- Music and the Spoken Word: Radiate goodness
- Hamblin & Peterson: John Knox and the...
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction?
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 167
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 36
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare... 13
- Could Brexit be an apocalyptic prediction? 12
- Pope Francis: Christians should... 12
- Faith leaders respond to Supreme... 12
- Apocalypse when? How teachings on the... 11