We are familiar with warnings and admonitions from the Utah Highway Patrol and other law enforcement agencies. Hard experience has proven that certain rules will help to keep people safe.
This includes wearing seat belts, no impaired driving and no distracted driving. I would propose one more: drive defensively. Be alert to all circumstances in which you find yourself. Anticipate what those around you might do, and then proceed accordingly. A driver can never take anything for granted, and we all must learn to adapt to every driving condition.
Hopefully, the addition of driving defensively will result in saving lives and property of the motoring public.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Why so many Americans find Trump and...
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: What's behind water funding travesty
- Rely on invisible hand?
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 34
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 32
- Letter: Coal and job creation 24
- Rely on invisible hand? 24