We are familiar with warnings and admonitions from the Utah Highway Patrol and other law enforcement agencies. Hard experience has proven that certain rules will help to keep people safe.
This includes wearing seat belts, no impaired driving and no distracted driving. I would propose one more: drive defensively. Be alert to all circumstances in which you find yourself. Anticipate what those around you might do, and then proceed accordingly. A driver can never take anything for granted, and we all must learn to adapt to every driving condition.
Hopefully, the addition of driving defensively will result in saving lives and property of the motoring public.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Hospitality...
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration...
- In our opinion: Thankfully speaking —...
- My view: Remembering JFK 51 years later
- Letter: Acting on immigration
- Drew Clark: Interfaith conference at Vatican...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Letter: King Obama
- In our opinion: U.S. needs immigration... 68
- Dan Liljenquist: Obamacare was a rude... 61
- Letter: Growing party divide 53
- Michael Gerson: Obama’s executive... 46
- Letter: Acting on immigration 44
- How America feels about Mitt Romney... 40
- In our opinion: When it comes to... 40
- My view: Global warming needs free market 26