We are familiar with warnings and admonitions from the Utah Highway Patrol and other law enforcement agencies. Hard experience has proven that certain rules will help to keep people safe.
This includes wearing seat belts, no impaired driving and no distracted driving. I would propose one more: drive defensively. Be alert to all circumstances in which you find yourself. Anticipate what those around you might do, and then proceed accordingly. A driver can never take anything for granted, and we all must learn to adapt to every driving condition.
Hopefully, the addition of driving defensively will result in saving lives and property of the motoring public.
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Charles Krauthammer: U.S. refuses to support...
- Letter: Doctors unite
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should move...
- Letter: Performance pay
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid