We are familiar with warnings and admonitions from the Utah Highway Patrol and other law enforcement agencies. Hard experience has proven that certain rules will help to keep people safe.
This includes wearing seat belts, no impaired driving and no distracted driving. I would propose one more: drive defensively. Be alert to all circumstances in which you find yourself. Anticipate what those around you might do, and then proceed accordingly. A driver can never take anything for granted, and we all must learn to adapt to every driving condition.
Hopefully, the addition of driving defensively will result in saving lives and property of the motoring public.
- 16 of the most heart warming and feel-good...
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the federal...
- In our opinion: Fairness for all in religious...
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- Letter: Could Draper shine, too?
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 21