I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- David Blankenhorn: Berlin boasts a wise use...
- Charles Krauthammer: Battle must be fought...
- Letter: Police not the problem
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 61
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 41
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 35
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30