I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American