I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Letter: Sluggish global warming
- Letter: Campaign disservice
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: For my grandpa
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 109
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 40
- Letter: Sluggish global warming 35
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 30