I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- What to watch with your family this...
- In our opinion: Immigration and compromise...
- George F. Will: Government’s legitimacy...
- Presidents pardoning turkeys
- Letter: Solution to Ferguson
- Letter: A dangerous precedent
- My view: Obama and Utah on the same page
- Kathleen Parker: True or not, Bill Cosby...