I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a...
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the Union...
- In our opinion: Parents reading to young...
- Letter: Repeating past mistakes
- Drew Clark: What President Obama does well:...
- Letter: Peanut butter ban?
- Letter: Pay for your share
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will save lives