I was amused by the letter to the Deseret News stating that "guns aren't the answer" (Jan. 17).
I was raised with eight older brothers who hunted for their meat during the Great Depression, and I learned to use a gun at that time also.
I served at the Jordan River Temple for 11 years. After coming home and locking up my car I was confronted by one guy one night, and another two guys another time, but when they each saw my 38 caliber handgun, they took off.
I say guns can be the answer. I am 86 years old, and I'm still here.
West Valley City
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 37
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 31
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 27
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 20