A car is not designed to kill like guns are ("It's clear: limit vehicles," Jan. 2). Its purpose is to transport people safely from point A to point B. The safety features required in their production are outside the car. The only safety feature on a gun is the safety lock.
Pistols are designed to kill at close range. Rifles are designed to kill at a longer distance. And automatic guns are designed to kill more than one living thing quickly.
Don't get caught up in an old western movie mentality where the good guy wears a gun to protect everyone from the bad guy who also wears a gun.
As a former school teacher, I can predict that school personnel with guns can only result in children and adults being harmed.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- John Florez: School board members must speak up
- In our opinion: Remembering German Unity Day
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- Letter: Fall of America
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...