A car is not designed to kill like guns are ("It's clear: limit vehicles," Jan. 2). Its purpose is to transport people safely from point A to point B. The safety features required in their production are outside the car. The only safety feature on a gun is the safety lock.
Pistols are designed to kill at close range. Rifles are designed to kill at a longer distance. And automatic guns are designed to kill more than one living thing quickly.
Don't get caught up in an old western movie mentality where the good guy wears a gun to protect everyone from the bad guy who also wears a gun.
As a former school teacher, I can predict that school personnel with guns can only result in children and adults being harmed.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: EPA failed its protection...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- Letter: Stimulate the economy
- My view: European view of American soft power
- A. Scott Anderson: SBA — a critical...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 58
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 45
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 43
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship... 42
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 35
- Letter: Earning his votes 31
- Letter: Stimulate the economy 26