A car is not designed to kill like guns are ("It's clear: limit vehicles," Jan. 2). Its purpose is to transport people safely from point A to point B. The safety features required in their production are outside the car. The only safety feature on a gun is the safety lock.
Pistols are designed to kill at close range. Rifles are designed to kill at a longer distance. And automatic guns are designed to kill more than one living thing quickly.
Don't get caught up in an old western movie mentality where the good guy wears a gun to protect everyone from the bad guy who also wears a gun.
As a former school teacher, I can predict that school personnel with guns can only result in children and adults being harmed.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17