A car is not designed to kill like guns are ("It's clear: limit vehicles," Jan. 2). Its purpose is to transport people safely from point A to point B. The safety features required in their production are outside the car. The only safety feature on a gun is the safety lock.
Pistols are designed to kill at close range. Rifles are designed to kill at a longer distance. And automatic guns are designed to kill more than one living thing quickly.
Don't get caught up in an old western movie mentality where the good guy wears a gun to protect everyone from the bad guy who also wears a gun.
As a former school teacher, I can predict that school personnel with guns can only result in children and adults being harmed.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- Nelson Mandela left legacy of freedom and faith
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 43
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 42
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 16
- About Utah: His business is fun, games... 15