A car is not designed to kill like guns are ("It's clear: limit vehicles," Jan. 2). Its purpose is to transport people safely from point A to point B. The safety features required in their production are outside the car. The only safety feature on a gun is the safety lock.
Pistols are designed to kill at close range. Rifles are designed to kill at a longer distance. And automatic guns are designed to kill more than one living thing quickly.
Don't get caught up in an old western movie mentality where the good guy wears a gun to protect everyone from the bad guy who also wears a gun.
As a former school teacher, I can predict that school personnel with guns can only result in children and adults being harmed.
- In our opinion: Police vs. protests — a...
- A. Scott Anderson: Peace on earth comes from...
- Letter: Access to health care
- Mark Reynolds: Cheap gas prices won’t...
- In our opinion: Keep marriage questions
- Prisons bring much positive change
- John Florez: The people's voices don't count
- Jay Evensen: Fixing Salt Lake's Pioneer Park...