Our take: In a series titled "What Would Jesus Say To ...", Pastor Ed Young has discussed the lives of Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and celebrity Kim Kardashian. In his most recent video, Young focuses on Lance Armstrong's interview with Oprah Winfrey, sharing why he thinks Armstrong lied and what he believes Jesus would say to Armstrong about his behavior.
Pastor Ed Young of Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, delivered his latest sermon in the "What Would Jesus Say To" series over the weekend and offered that Christ would tell disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong to stop running away from the truth, to stop lying and turn to God.
According to Pastor Young, Jesus would turn to Armstrong in a one-on-one conversation and say: "Lance, fall on your knees before me. Stop your paddling. Stop your performing. Stop trying to hear those words you didn't hear when you were young. Stop compromising. Stop trying to be the god of your life. You're out of control. Your life is a wreck; your life is a mess."
Armstrong, who overcome cancer and won seven Tour de France titles, which made him one of the most successful athletes in the world, confessed to Oprah Winfrey last week in a much anticipated interview that he had been using illegal performance enhancing drugs his entire career.
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Christmas lights on Temple Square in pictures...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- What's new: 'Women and the Priesthood' by...
- Tips for LDS bloggers from the 'ultimate...
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- 10 things to do with an LDS account
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered... 63
- Croatians vote against same-sex marriage 50
- Cardinal Dolan says Catholic church... 38
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 34
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged... 28
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Ask Angela: Woman shares update on... 20