WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads added a late empty-netter to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 5-3 Monday afternoon before a matinee crowd of 7,238 at the Maverik Center.
Utah had a stretch of 40-straight shots denied by Idaho goaltender Tyler Beskorowany.
Utah battled back from 1-0 and 2-1 deficits early on to tie before Idaho scored two goals in 3:28 to make the game 4-2. Utah tied the game at 1 as Gaelan Patterson slapped home a rebound with two seconds left on a power-play. After Idaho scored with 13 seconds left in the first, Evan Stoflet's first goal of the year made it 2-2 46 seconds into the second period.
Utah made it 4-3 with 27 seconds left as Adam Estoclet hammered in a rebound.
"We score that goal, we get a post up and we can't get a guy to win a battle to get a puck deep," said Grizzlies head coach Kevin Colley.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 132
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 59
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33