WEST VALLEY CITY — The Idaho Steelheads added a late empty-netter to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 5-3 Monday afternoon before a matinee crowd of 7,238 at the Maverik Center.
Utah had a stretch of 40-straight shots denied by Idaho goaltender Tyler Beskorowany.
Utah battled back from 1-0 and 2-1 deficits early on to tie before Idaho scored two goals in 3:28 to make the game 4-2. Utah tied the game at 1 as Gaelan Patterson slapped home a rebound with two seconds left on a power-play. After Idaho scored with 13 seconds left in the first, Evan Stoflet's first goal of the year made it 2-2 46 seconds into the second period.
Utah made it 4-3 with 27 seconds left as Adam Estoclet hammered in a rebound.
"We score that goal, we get a post up and we can't get a guy to win a battle to get a puck deep," said Grizzlies head coach Kevin Colley.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14