The National Rifle Association recently linked violent movies to gun deaths. Therefore, I feel perfectly confident in assuming that the reason gun deaths have declined so dramatically in Australia since 1996 is that the country must have banned violent movies. In fact, I suspect that all you can see is Disney stuff, musicals and documentaries on crocodiles.
However, Aussies watch the same movies as Americans. The real reason gun-related deaths have fallen dramatically in Australia since 1996 is that it banned assault rifles, implemented other gun controls and undertook a gun buyback.
The gun homicide rate in Australia is about one-thirtieth of that in the United States.
West Valley City
- In our opinion: Earmarks are becoming a...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion:: Nelson Mandela left legacy...
- Letter: Elected representatives
- If Iran truly wants only nuclear energy, it...
- Letter: No limits
- Gov. Gary Herbert's budget hits the mark
- Michael Gerson: Cancer has helped me see life...