Utah State men's basketball: Injury-riddled Aggies no match for Denver
DENVER — Brett Olson scored 18 points and Denver extended its winning streak to seven games with a 68-57 victory over Utah State on Saturday.
Chase Hallam added 14 points, Chris Udofia had 13 and Jalen Love 10 for the Pioneers (11-7, 7-1 Western Athletic Conference), who shot 57 percent from the floor and hit 10-of-19 3-pointers. Denver also had a season-low three turnovers, and none in the first half when it jumped out to a 36-25 lead.
Marvin Jean led Utah State (14-3, 5-2) with 14 points — a career high — on four 3-pointers. Jarred Shaw added 10 points and nine rebounds.
The Aggies were without leading scorer and preseason WAC player of the year Preston Medlin and third-leading scorer Kyisean Reed, who both suffered injuries Thursday at New Mexico State.
The Pioneers opened the second half with a 17-5 run to build their biggest lead of the game at 53-31 with 12:06 remaining. The Aggies trailed by double digits the rest of the way.
Utah State returns home to host Texas-Arlington on Thursday and Louisiana Tech on Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19