I am a senior at Bingham High School. With our current schedule, the quarter ends shortly after the holiday break. This means that I have a lot of homework to do, including projects, papers and books to read during the break. Having all of this homework decreases the time I get to spend with my family.
The quarter ends right before our break starts. I think the colleges have the right idea in having the semester end before the holidays so the students can spend time with their family without worrying about homework.
Students would be able to enjoy their break better if they didn't have to worry about school.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs America to...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 82
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 56
- Letter: Utah's birthright 49
- Letter: Irreparable damage 49
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37
- Letter: Protected lands 36