I am a senior at Bingham High School. With our current schedule, the quarter ends shortly after the holiday break. This means that I have a lot of homework to do, including projects, papers and books to read during the break. Having all of this homework decreases the time I get to spend with my family.
The quarter ends right before our break starts. I think the colleges have the right idea in having the semester end before the holidays so the students can spend time with their family without worrying about homework.
Students would be able to enjoy their break better if they didn't have to worry about school.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28