I am a senior at Bingham High School. With our current schedule, the quarter ends shortly after the holiday break. This means that I have a lot of homework to do, including projects, papers and books to read during the break. Having all of this homework decreases the time I get to spend with my family.
The quarter ends right before our break starts. I think the colleges have the right idea in having the semester end before the holidays so the students can spend time with their family without worrying about homework.
Students would be able to enjoy their break better if they didn't have to worry about school.
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Radon, the unrecognized killer
- H. David Burton: Calling on local leaders to...
- Drew Clark: Why Utah's thriving technology...
- Government works best when it's not on autopilot
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Iowa caucus...
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 51
- Is it time for our first woman president? 41
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 20
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- Letter: Leave public land alone 14
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 13