President Barack Obama's efforts to curb guns in America may actually have the opposite effect.
Many people who have never owned a gun are now rushing to purchase guns and ammo. My 18-year-old grandson is one of them. He recently bought a handgun and a taser but has no real need or use for either. He wants a concealed weapons permit but is not old enough.
Thanks, Mr. President, for putting fear and guns into the hearts and hands of our citizens and children.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 43
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 28
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21