It continues to amaze me that lawmakers are arrogant enough to believe that the answer to any problem is to make more laws.
We currently have laws against murder, robbery, fraud, assault, abuse, speeding and countless other issues, and not one of these has prevented people from breaking the law.
By definition, a criminal breaks the law, and more laws made simply means more laws will be broken by criminals, and more shackles will be placed on those who do obey the law.
When the president unveiled his new gun plan, I immediately thought of a quote from "Star Wars: Episode III" — "So this is how liberty dies. ... with thunderous applause."
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- In our opinion: Legislators need to better...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- My view: Is the Division of Water Resources...
- My view: hippies, 2 Hell's Angels, one...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Trump and Sanders 22
- John Hoffmire: Electric cars and the... 20