It continues to amaze me that lawmakers are arrogant enough to believe that the answer to any problem is to make more laws.
We currently have laws against murder, robbery, fraud, assault, abuse, speeding and countless other issues, and not one of these has prevented people from breaking the law.
By definition, a criminal breaks the law, and more laws made simply means more laws will be broken by criminals, and more shackles will be placed on those who do obey the law.
When the president unveiled his new gun plan, I immediately thought of a quote from "Star Wars: Episode III" — "So this is how liberty dies. ... with thunderous applause."
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 42
- Letter: American billionaires 34
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- President should not act without... 28