It continues to amaze me that lawmakers are arrogant enough to believe that the answer to any problem is to make more laws.
We currently have laws against murder, robbery, fraud, assault, abuse, speeding and countless other issues, and not one of these has prevented people from breaking the law.
By definition, a criminal breaks the law, and more laws made simply means more laws will be broken by criminals, and more shackles will be placed on those who do obey the law.
When the president unveiled his new gun plan, I immediately thought of a quote from "Star Wars: Episode III" — "So this is how liberty dies. ... with thunderous applause."
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to help...
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Letter: More Lehi gridlock?
- Letter: Draper real estate
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Five principles to help guide public... 111
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 78
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 67
- Letter: Human body 41
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 35
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 33
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 27
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 19