It continues to amaze me that lawmakers are arrogant enough to believe that the answer to any problem is to make more laws.
We currently have laws against murder, robbery, fraud, assault, abuse, speeding and countless other issues, and not one of these has prevented people from breaking the law.
By definition, a criminal breaks the law, and more laws made simply means more laws will be broken by criminals, and more shackles will be placed on those who do obey the law.
When the president unveiled his new gun plan, I immediately thought of a quote from "Star Wars: Episode III" — "So this is how liberty dies. ... with thunderous applause."
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules...
- Letter: A worldwide message
- John Florez: Education is 'app' to change...
- In our opinion: Becky Lockhart's tributes are...
- Letter: No end in sight
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the Union...
- A. Scott Anderson: Taking Utah into Top 10...
- In our opinion: Obama's State of the... 70
- Jay Evensen: Obama must make religious... 54
- In our opinion: How immigration reform... 43
- 6 important takeaways for families in... 37
- In our opinion: Obama's broadband... 36
- In our opinion: Supreme Court rules... 33
- Jay Evensen: Leave free tuition... 31
- Letter: Not so lazy 31