Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
NORTHRIDGE 48, FREMONT 42: The two teams combined for 18 treys, with every player on Fremont connecting on at least one shot from distance, but the play of Preston Christensen proved to be too much as the Knights notched the win.
WEST 69, GRANGER 66: With the score tied, Denzel Latu drained a half-courter at the buzzer to give West a victory over Granger. Denzel ended with 17 points including four 3-pointers and teammate Tyler Ferrell added two points. The Lancers' Arob Mandang had a game to remember as he recorded a triple double, scoring 20 points and adding 11 rebounds and 10 blocks.
KEARNS 54, VIEWMONT 43: Bushman Ebet had a game-high 14 points as Kearns outscored Viewmont 22-6 in the final quarter to earn the victory.
BRIGHTON 77, COTTONWOOD 36:
PLEASANT GROVE 109, LEHI 107: Pleasant Grove finally pulled out the road win after four overtimes in the game against Lehi. Matt Conway, Riley Court, and Forrest Pincock scored 30 points, 27 points, and 21 points respectively for Pleasant Grove. In the loss, Blake Cleveringa scored a game-high 54 points, including six 3-pointers.
BINGHAM 60, RIVERTON 53: Bingham capitalized on a massive free throw disparity at home, knocking down 19-of-30 freebies to down Riverton. Brandon Morley had 21 points for the Miners and Stephan Holm scored a game-high 24 points with five 3-pointers in the loss for the 'Wolves.
LOGAN 74, SKY VIEW 73: Logan found its rhythm at the right time, scoring 29 points in the final quarter to stun Sky View. Taylor Compton, who scored 23 points, hit a 3-pointer with one second remaining for the win.
BOX ELDER 75, BONNEVILLE 45: Box Elder picked up a big Region 5 victory over Bonneville thanks in large part to Shad Watson who scored 34 points and hit eight 3-pointers. Besides hitting 11 treys as a team, the Bees' were stifling on defense as they captured the victory.
BOUNTIFUL 75, CYPRUS 49: Bountiful picked up the road victory to stay undefeated in region play. Zach Seljaas led the Braves with 23 points Connor Squire led the Pirates with 22 in the loss. Despite losing, Cyprus made 28 free throws compared to Bountiful's 14.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Ute fans get first look at basketball team,...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 40
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27