As a resident of Davis County and as a physician, I am deeply concerned about Holly Refinery vastly expanding its operations in my back yard.
The air quality in the southern part of the county is already very poor and does not meet current EPA standards for air quality. How can we possibly consider allowing Holly to pollute our community even more?
Particulate matter 2.5 and 10 emissions will increase, more people will experience worsening asthma and bronchitis, and countless unnecessary new cases of lung cancer will be caused from this new pollution.
The DAQ is charged with safeguarding our health in southern Davis County, a heavily populated area. They need to be mindful of their charter and move any future refining expansion out to the desert.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18