As a resident of Davis County and as a physician, I am deeply concerned about Holly Refinery vastly expanding its operations in my back yard.
The air quality in the southern part of the county is already very poor and does not meet current EPA standards for air quality. How can we possibly consider allowing Holly to pollute our community even more?
Particulate matter 2.5 and 10 emissions will increase, more people will experience worsening asthma and bronchitis, and countless unnecessary new cases of lung cancer will be caused from this new pollution.
The DAQ is charged with safeguarding our health in southern Davis County, a heavily populated area. They need to be mindful of their charter and move any future refining expansion out to the desert.
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Doug Robinson: Making sense of retired...
- Who said it: Reagan or Clinton?
- Jay Evensen: Forest Service photo rules are...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 103
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 67
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 47
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 41
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 39
- A. Scott Anderson: Energy development... 32
- Robert Bennett: Make climate... 30
- Letter: Enforcing the dress code 28