As a resident of Davis County and as a physician, I am deeply concerned about Holly Refinery vastly expanding its operations in my back yard.
The air quality in the southern part of the county is already very poor and does not meet current EPA standards for air quality. How can we possibly consider allowing Holly to pollute our community even more?
Particulate matter 2.5 and 10 emissions will increase, more people will experience worsening asthma and bronchitis, and countless unnecessary new cases of lung cancer will be caused from this new pollution.
The DAQ is charged with safeguarding our health in southern Davis County, a heavily populated area. They need to be mindful of their charter and move any future refining expansion out to the desert.
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an impoverished...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Letter: Protected lands
- My view: Holistic approach to wild horses...
- Richard Davis: Legislators— Model the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 60
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 44
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 40
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 39
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 34
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31