As a resident of Davis County and as a physician, I am deeply concerned about Holly Refinery vastly expanding its operations in my back yard.
The air quality in the southern part of the county is already very poor and does not meet current EPA standards for air quality. How can we possibly consider allowing Holly to pollute our community even more?
Particulate matter 2.5 and 10 emissions will increase, more people will experience worsening asthma and bronchitis, and countless unnecessary new cases of lung cancer will be caused from this new pollution.
The DAQ is charged with safeguarding our health in southern Davis County, a heavily populated area. They need to be mindful of their charter and move any future refining expansion out to the desert.
- Natalie Gochnour: Contrasting religious practice
- Michael Erickson: Stop America's later-term...
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's new version of...
- George F. Will: Finding our place in the...
- Letter: Congress surrendered
- Letter: Romancing the gun
- Letter: Fall of America
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: With...