I loved Miss Utah Kara Arnold's platform as she competed in the Miss America pageant. Her devotion to inspiring students to consider careers in science, technology and math is commendable. Education is the key to a happy and productive life.
Arnold, however, may have wanted to rephrase a comment she made to the Deseret News ("Miss Utah puts medical school on hold, heads to Miss America to promote STEM about the platform," Jan. 1): "They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, even if they're just going to be a stay-at-home mom."
My suggestion: They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, especially if they choose to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American