I loved Miss Utah Kara Arnold's platform as she competed in the Miss America pageant. Her devotion to inspiring students to consider careers in science, technology and math is commendable. Education is the key to a happy and productive life.
Arnold, however, may have wanted to rephrase a comment she made to the Deseret News ("Miss Utah puts medical school on hold, heads to Miss America to promote STEM about the platform," Jan. 1): "They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, even if they're just going to be a stay-at-home mom."
My suggestion: They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, especially if they choose to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious...
- In our opinion: Airport expansion reflects...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- The complicated political views of...
- 3 modern Utah heroes who exemplify pioneer...
- In our opinion: History will remember our...
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and the...
- Letter: Breeding hate
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 104
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 61
- My view: Amnesty towards border... 56
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 52
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Society values 45
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 40
- Letter: Breeding hate 38