I loved Miss Utah Kara Arnold's platform as she competed in the Miss America pageant. Her devotion to inspiring students to consider careers in science, technology and math is commendable. Education is the key to a happy and productive life.
Arnold, however, may have wanted to rephrase a comment she made to the Deseret News ("Miss Utah puts medical school on hold, heads to Miss America to promote STEM about the platform," Jan. 1): "They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, even if they're just going to be a stay-at-home mom."
My suggestion: They can take these fields of study and apply them to anything, especially if they choose to be a stay-at-home mom.
- Jay Evensen: Birthright citizenship —...
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive...
- Dan Liljenquist: Charter schools provide...
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid with a...
- My view: Women’s equality — 95...
- Letter: Appalling attitude
- Letter: 20th-century achievements
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do with...
- Letter: Appalling attitude 84
- George F. Will: Immigration-related... 57
- Letter: Big money in politics 44
- In our opinion: Security with Clinton's... 43
- Richard Davis: What can Republicans do... 39
- In our opinion: Trump's all-inclusive... 38
- My view: Don’t expand Medicaid... 36
- My view: No matter who pays the bill,... 34