MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Mathias Ward scored 20 points and Montana picked up a 73-67 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Montana (11-4, 7-0 Big Sky) won for the sixth time in seven home games this season.
Ward continued his consistent play as he has through the season. He is averaging 15.6 points, shooting 53.2 percent from the floor and 81 percent from the free-throw line.
Kareem Jamar had 12 points and seven rebounds. Spencer Coleman scored 12 points and Will Cherry 10. Coleman and Cherry had three steals apiece and Montana had 14 as a team.
Southern Utah (5-11, 3-4) couldn't get over the top despite hitting 10 of 19 shots from 3-point range. Damon Heuir scored 19 points, including five 3-pointers, and Jackson Stevenett scored 16.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19