MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Mathias Ward scored 20 points and Montana picked up a 73-67 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Montana (11-4, 7-0 Big Sky) won for the sixth time in seven home games this season.
Ward continued his consistent play as he has through the season. He is averaging 15.6 points, shooting 53.2 percent from the floor and 81 percent from the free-throw line.
Kareem Jamar had 12 points and seven rebounds. Spencer Coleman scored 12 points and Will Cherry 10. Coleman and Cherry had three steals apiece and Montana had 14 as a team.
Southern Utah (5-11, 3-4) couldn't get over the top despite hitting 10 of 19 shots from 3-point range. Damon Heuir scored 19 points, including five 3-pointers, and Jackson Stevenett scored 16.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 43
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 39
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8
- Utah State basketball: Aggie men to... 6