MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Mathias Ward scored 20 points and Montana picked up a 73-67 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Montana (11-4, 7-0 Big Sky) won for the sixth time in seven home games this season.
Ward continued his consistent play as he has through the season. He is averaging 15.6 points, shooting 53.2 percent from the floor and 81 percent from the free-throw line.
Kareem Jamar had 12 points and seven rebounds. Spencer Coleman scored 12 points and Will Cherry 10. Coleman and Cherry had three steals apiece and Montana had 14 as a team.
Southern Utah (5-11, 3-4) couldn't get over the top despite hitting 10 of 19 shots from 3-point range. Damon Heuir scored 19 points, including five 3-pointers, and Jackson Stevenett scored 16.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33