MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — Mathias Ward scored 20 points and Montana picked up a 73-67 victory over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Montana (11-4, 7-0 Big Sky) won for the sixth time in seven home games this season.
Ward continued his consistent play as he has through the season. He is averaging 15.6 points, shooting 53.2 percent from the floor and 81 percent from the free-throw line.
Kareem Jamar had 12 points and seven rebounds. Spencer Coleman scored 12 points and Will Cherry 10. Coleman and Cherry had three steals apiece and Montana had 14 as a team.
Southern Utah (5-11, 3-4) couldn't get over the top despite hitting 10 of 19 shots from 3-point range. Damon Heuir scored 19 points, including five 3-pointers, and Jackson Stevenett scored 16.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 148
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 50
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27