Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
LONE PEAK 67, AMERICAN FORK 42: Lone Peak came back from a 10-0 deficit with a 29-4 run.
ALTA 64, JORDAN 50: Jalissa Bagley and Madyson Quigley each drilled three treys and combined for 36 points to help Alta defeat rival Jordan. Patty Daley led the way for the Beetdiggers with 16 points.
WEST JORDAN 59, COPPER HILLS 49: West Jordan used a 16-5 run in the second quarter to squeeze by rival Copper Hills. Kim Evans poured in 16 points and Lejla Hadzialijagic chipped in 11 to lead the Grizzlies.
BRIGHTON 44, COTTONWOOD 41: Despite outscoring Brighton 32-18 in the second half, the Colts fell just short as the Bengals escaped with the win. Maddy Chin scored a team-high 14 points for Brighton, while Nichole Kristensen finished with a game-high 15 points for Cottonwood in the loss.
PLEASANT GROVE 60, LEHI 52: Pleasant Grove jumped out to a 19-6 lead after the first quarter and the Vikings held on to defeat the Pioneers. Megan Wilde's 18 points and MeKenna Miles' four treys led the way for Pleasant Grove.
BINGHAM 49, RIVERTON 39: Bingham started the game with a 10-0 run which proved to be the difference as Bingham earned the 10-point victory. Ashton Henderson scored a game high 18 points with two 3-pointers.
BONNEVILLE 62, MOUNTAIN CREST 37: Cortney Porter had an excellent night for Bonneville as she led her team to victory behind her 16-point, 10-assist double-double. The Lakers' Kayla Eilertson scored a game-high 21 points.
CANYON VIEW 51, HURRICANE 47: Canyon View outscored Hurricane in the third quarter to secure the victory. Josie Platt scored a game high 18 points for the Falcons. Kenzie Evans and Tayzha Blackner combined for 22.
DESERT HILLS 67, PINE VIEW 30: Thanks to a fairly balanced scoring attack, Desert Hills easily picked up the road victory over Pine View. Three players scored in double-figures for the Thunder led by Blair Bliss who scored 15 points.
SNOW CANYON 60, CEDAR 51: Snow Canyon was carried by the duo of Amy Harris and Grace Walton as it captured the win. Harris almost recorded a triple-double as she scored 23 points and added 11 boards and eight dimes while Walton added her own double-double as she scored 10 points and grabbed 10 rebounds.
MORGAN 76, GRANTSVILLE 20: Morgan was able to clear the bench as it easily defeated Grantsville. 15 different players scored for the Trojans led by Shaylie Duncan who scored nine points.
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 136
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 97
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 53
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48